800g

The options:
    i3-4GB RAM-64GB - $799
    i5-4GB RAM-128GB - $999
    i5-8GB RAM-256GB - $1299
    i7-8GB RAM-256GB - $1549
    i7-8GB RAM-512GB - $1949
    05-20-2014 12:00 PM
    Me! Can't wait till its on sale!!!! I want to get the i7 with 256 GB - it'll be the best thing for inventor and PhotoShop!!!!
    05-20-2014 12:01 PM
    I need official information on battery life
    05-20-2014 12:03 PM
    I would love to see all the prices on the dock keyboards and such they used in this mornings preview.

I need to replace my desktop and want the portability of the Surface as well.

Mac
    05-20-2014 12:07 PM
    If it is available in India then I will go for it...
    05-20-2014 12:10 PM
    I don't see any information about 4G support. It's a no buy if it doesn't have built in 4G capability. Pointless device without it for on the go workers.
    05-20-2014 12:19 PM
    I've been using my rt as a laptop replacement. Now I want to start using VBA in MS access and excel and developing apps using visual studio. Not sure what version I should get. Anyone want give some advice? I was thinking an 4gb i5. I already have a 1T external hard drive.
    05-20-2014 12:23 PM
    I want one. I will probably mull it over for a few days as is my style, but I'll be getting one. I was super impressed by every aspect. I think the aspect ratio, in combination with the pen, especially is going to really make it for me. I'll be selling my ThinkPad Helix for sure.
    05-20-2014 12:24 PM
    Meet Surface Pro 3, the tablet that can replace your laptop. Wrapped in magnesium and loaded with a 12-inch ClearType Full HD display, 4th-generation Intel Core processor and up to 8 GB of RAM in a sleek frame just 0.36 inches thin and 1.76 pounds with up to nine hours of Web-browsing battery life, Surface Pro 3 has all the power, performance and mobility of a laptop in an incredibly lightweight, versatile form.

EDIT: Reposting here as well since some people are asking about battery life. this paragraph is from the surface pro 3 press release materials

LINK: Microsoft introduces Surface Pro 3: the tablet that can replace your laptop
    05-20-2014 12:27 PM
    I'm trying to find when it will be available - did they mentioned that in the media event?
    05-20-2014 12:27 PM
    when wil b avil in india if i gt 1000$ version fr 60 k in india il get one
    05-20-2014 12:28 PM
    I'm trying to find when it will be available - did they mentioned that in the media event?
    can be pre-ordered from the company’s online store starting at 12:01 a.m EDT

Sales of a few configurations will also begin on Wednesday, but most models will go on sale beginning June 20th. EDIT: available at MSFT Store and Best Buy

By the end of August, it will launch in 26 additional markets including Australia, Austria, Belgium, China, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Korea, Luxembourg, Malaysia, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand and the United Kingdom.
    rdubmu likes this.
    05-20-2014 12:29 PM
    Thanks, I wonder (and hoping) the surface pro 2's price is cut and maybe I'll snag that and boy instead.
    05-20-2014 12:30 PM
    Thank you to all for providing additional details. I am going to wait, my surface pro 1 still runs great, no reasons to upgrade yet, I bet the surface pro 2 users feel the same way. I also bought a power cover for my pro, get around 7 hours of battery life now :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Great deal likes this.
    05-20-2014 12:34 PM
    i7 256gb for me please :D
    05-20-2014 12:37 PM
    I wish, but no way is my wife going to go for allowing that after just getting the SP2 a few months back. That's ok, though - I do love my SP2.
    Cabo Blue and TagsxA like this.
    05-20-2014 12:59 PM
    The non-Wacom compatible pen is an absolute deal killer. I am sorry but that is a step backward for business use, bringing an inferior technology not widely adopted by industry to a business device. It can have a thousand levels of pressure sensitivity and make OneNote do backflips but without 100% Wacom compatibility it makes it, at best, hit or miss for those who need digitizer precision. Based upon the struggles with ESRI already, it will also probably be completely useless in clumsy (but essential) applications in my life such as ArcGIS.
    05-20-2014 01:07 PM
    I may. I haves a 2520 though it is nice it's rather choppy. We will be replacing an aging desktop soon this could be the way to go.
    05-20-2014 01:08 PM
    I can't afford one :(
    Guzzler3 likes this.
    05-20-2014 01:08 PM
    fact sheet states 9 hours of internet browsing
    05-20-2014 01:18 PM
    9 hours battery life for ALL the tablet models? This will be the major factor. The proof will be in the pudding.

One key essential thing I'm missing in the whole presentation is tailored software for the the surface 3 and pen support. Simply these specs will not be enough and, I believe, a tough sell. So far in the presentation there is not one software demo with the stylus and surface I've seen that got me exited, compared to my current surface pro one. Microsoft does seem to sell this as a notetaking device, but what is shown can also be done with my stylus on the surface one. Thus,it leaves only the price and battery life as the remaining selling point.

I would go for an upgrade from my surface pro 1 to a surface pro 3 if:

1. windows 8 gets a serious tailored upgrade and user experience overhaul for proper notetaking support for a stylus. Currently the notetaking apps are still too tailored for a mouse and keyboard input.

2. The battery life actually needs to be 8-10 hours use in real world scenarios. I don't care if this means the surface will get a bit thicker.

3. a power cover is included in the package. I could live with a surface 3 with 8 hours optimal use and a power cover extending its range to 10-14 hours.

That would make me upgrade my surface pro to a surface pro 3.
    05-20-2014 01:19 PM
    Nah, looks quite nice but dont really see the point. Was hoping they would announce surface 3 also with some updated hardware, guess I'll be heading out for a surface 2 tomorrow (was only holding out for this announcement)

Office, remote desktop, vpn
    If I want to do more than that I'll turn on my desktop

So no more reveals today? :(
    05-20-2014 01:27 PM
    I'm a definite maybe. Probably i5/256GB. If there were an i5/512GB, even better. The i7 sounds good, but I'm not sure whether the increase in price and decrease in battery life is really worth the speedup. After all, most of the i5 portables I've used (MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, Surface Pro Classic) have been just fine for everything I need to do, from software development (Visual Studio, native or in a VM), desktop publishing (inDesign) and photography (Lightroom/Photoshop). In every case, the CPU is never the bottleneck: it's always RAM and the size of the SSD.
    05-20-2014 01:50 PM
    UK availability on the MS Store is stating 31st August.... I sure hope that is just a holding page. If that is the correct date then I won't be buying it.
    05-20-2014 02:49 PM
    9 hours battery life for ALL the tablet models? This will be the major factor. The proof will be in the pudding.

One key essential thing I'm missing in the whole presentation is tailored software for the the surface 3 and pen support. Simply these specs will not be enough and, I believe, a tough sell. So far in the presentation there is not one software demo with the stylus and surface I've seen that got me exited, compared to my current surface pro one. Microsoft does seem to sell this as a notetaking device, but what is shown can also be done with my stylus on the surface one. Thus,it leaves only the price and battery life as the remaining selling point.

I would go for an upgrade from my surface pro 1 to a surface pro 3 if:

1. windows 8 gets a serious tailored upgrade and user experience overhaul for proper notetaking support for a stylus. Currently the notetaking apps are still too tailored for a mouse and keyboard input.

2. The battery life actually needs to be 8-10 hours use in real world scenarios. I don't care if this means the surface will get a bit thicker.

3. a power cover is included in the package. I could live with a surface 3 with 8 hours optimal use and a power cover extending its range to 10-14 hours.

That would make me upgrade my surface pro to a surface pro 3.
    Pro 3, OneNote and the N-Trig pen have been tailored for note taking. Clicking the pen to open the device and open OneNote and then opening those APIs to other developers would seem to be exactly what you are asking for.

Pony up another $200 and the power cover is included in the price ;)
    05-20-2014 02:51 PM
248 123 ...