?i3-4GB RAM-64GB - $799
?i5-4GB RAM-128GB - $999
?i5-8GB RAM-256GB - $1299
?i7-8GB RAM-256GB - $1549
?i7-8GB RAM-512GB - $1949

sd173

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
Me! Can't wait till its on sale!!!! I want to get the i7 with 256 GB - it'll be the best thing for inventor and PhotoShop!!!!

MDMcAtee

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
I would love to see all the prices on the dock keyboards and such they used in this mornings preview.

I need to replace my desktop and want the portability of the Surface as well.

Mac

Planblover08

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I've been using my rt as a laptop replacement. Now I want to start using VBA in MS access and excel and developing apps using visual studio. Not sure what version I should get. Anyone want give some advice? I was thinking an 4gb i5. I already have a 1T external hard drive.

LCGrzy

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I want one. I will probably mull it over for a few days as is my style, but I'll be getting one. I was super impressed by every aspect. I think the aspect ratio, in combination with the pen, especially is going to really make it for me. I'll be selling my ThinkPad Helix for sure.

pyrosol08

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Meet Surface Pro 3, the tablet that can replace your laptop. Wrapped in magnesium and loaded with a 12-inch ClearType Full HD display, 4th-generation Intel? Core? processor and up to 8 GB of RAM in a sleek frame ? just 0.36 inches thin and 1.76 pounds ? with up to nine hours of Web-browsing battery life, Surface Pro 3 has all the power, performance and mobility of a laptop in an incredibly lightweight, versatile form.

EDIT: Reposting here as well since some people are asking about battery life. this paragraph is from the surface pro 3 press release materials

LINK: Microsoft introduces Surface Pro 3: the tablet that can replace your laptop

pyrosol08

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I'm trying to find when it will be available - did they mentioned that in the media event?

can be pre-ordered from the company’s online store starting at 12:01 a.m EDT

Sales of a few configurations will also begin on Wednesday, but most models will go on sale beginning June 20th. EDIT: available at MSFT Store and Best Buy

By the end of August, it will launch in 26 additional markets including Australia, Austria, Belgium, China, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Korea, Luxembourg, Malaysia, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand and the United Kingdom.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Thank you to all for providing additional details. I am going to wait, my surface pro 1 still runs great, no reasons to upgrade yet, I bet the surface pro 2 users feel the same way. I also bought a power cover for my pro, get around 7 hours of battery life now :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I wish, but no way is my wife going to go for allowing that after just getting the SP2 a few months back. That's ok, though - I do love my SP2.

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
The non-Wacom compatible pen is an absolute deal killer. I am sorry but that is a step backward for business use, bringing an inferior technology not widely adopted by industry to a business device. It can have a thousand levels of pressure sensitivity and make OneNote do backflips but without 100% Wacom compatibility it makes it, at best, hit or miss for those who need digitizer precision. Based upon the struggles with ESRI already, it will also probably be completely useless in clumsy (but essential) applications in my life such as ArcGIS.

jabtano

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I may. I haves a 2520 though it is nice it's rather choppy. We will be replacing an aging desktop soon this could be the way to go.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99