Game Question

cellex2301

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I'll get one for note taking at work primarily, so specs don't matter that much to me, except i'm on a train 1 1/2 hours a day for my commute. I'd like to play some touch-enabled steam-games on my way to work/home like civ5 or xcom:enemy unknown. I want high resolution but don't mind low graphic details. Will these games work on i5 with 8gb ram?

I'm currently using an asus t100 for consumption and some work which i want to hand down (love the 500gb HDD in the dock btw)

Sorry for my english and thanks in advance :)

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The integrated graphics are about on par with the Surface Pro 2, which is a slight upgrade from the original Pro. Perhaps you can check out a demo on Youtube or something.

My inclination is that those games will work fine anyways, the Pro 2,3 are powerful machines. They won't be doing insane games like Crysis on max, but they still are respectable. (IIRC)

(i5 and RAM shouldn't matter too much, its the graphics horsepower first, my Core 2 Duo and 4 GB of RAM meet some minimum requirements, but the graphics are less-than-great so my laptop isn't such a great gaming machine.)

omegafiler

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
The latest HD4400 graphics are certainly more powerful than before, but still nowhere near a dedicated GPU found in larger systems. In other words, still on-par with most ultrabooks in this size range. Light gaming at low settings or games found in the store should work fine though.

Mercule

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
I ran Civ5 on the original Pro. I had to crank the settings fairly low, but they worked for the screen size. It was (tolerably) slow, which might be improved by the newer graphics chips. It burned through the battery like nothing (under 2 hours of play without plugging in). It also turned the poor thing into a skillet; nothing else made it run near as hot. Hopefully, the Haswell chip and new cooling system will solve that, though.

I will say this: Playing Civ5 on a tablet/touch screen is incredibly cool.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre