Is Surface Pro 3 worth the price tag?

paritosh sahu

May 14, 2014
Visit site
With the kind of hardware and design packed into the Surface, we shouldn't expect it to be street cheap. So with that price tag it is aimed at a particular set of audience. So who is actually that audience?
And an average consumer who wants a laptop to cater to his daily needs, would consider the Surface Pro 3?

DaT Franchise

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
That price is WAY to steep, think of the custom laptop you can build for 2 stacks. Pro2 is a better buy at this point.

Did I miss something or is there no RT this time?

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
First, there is no average consumer. Second, this Pro is available with/at an unusually-broad range of specs/prices: The i7s, for instance, are premium products that will be "worth it" to me and many others, but hardly the masses. I want a Pro 3s bigger screen, in a yet-slimmer and lighter device, and will pay whatever it costs -just like I did with the RT when it first came out. The last thing I will do is price-comparisons with -for me- inadequate/unattractive/inferior products.

paritosh sahu

May 14, 2014
Visit site
First, there is no average consumer. Second, this Pro is available with/at an unusually-broad range of specs/prices: The i7s, for instance, are premium products that will be "worth it" to me and many others, but hardly the masses. I want a Pro 3s bigger screen, in a yet-slimmer and lighter device, and will pay whatever it costs -just like I did with the RT when it first came out. The last thing I will do is price-comparisons with -for me- inadequate/unattractive/inferior products.

That's a really clever ploy by Microsoft. With so many variants at different price points, it probably caters to all depending on their needs and requirements and the cash they can shell out for it.
But the professonals are seriously gonna love it, I guess. If something can run full blown 8.1 in a device that light n slim( and also insanely powerful!!!), then I guess you cant ask for more.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills