US version in EU?

zicoz

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I am considering to order the S3P from the US store instead of waiting for it to come to Norway, are there any differences between the US and EU versions? My biggest concern is the power adapter. Do they use the same adapter, just a different cable from the power adapter to the wall?

Maaz Mansori

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
I think OP is just abbreviating Europe. I have a Surface Pro 1 and the power supply/adapter is 100-240V. I would assume the Surface Pro 3 would be the same. You would just use a different plug so a small adapter for that would be necessary though they are very inexpensive.

Racing Snake

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
As above, but fundamentally, they are the same machine, and yes you'll need a local power adapter.
Of course, you need to think about where you order too, because you wont be able to buy from the US store.
And it will also attract import duty and or import vat.
So think carefully about your plans.

zicoz

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
First, I am very well aware that Norway is not a part of the EU since I live here ;) But as Maas Mansori states, I use EU as an abbreviation for Europe.

Ordering shouldn't be an issue as I have a US address that I can order to. The price also seems to be a lot cheaper in the US. If I buy the 256GB version in the Norwegian store it costs 11225 NOK, the same device from the US store will cost me about 9700 NOK including import tax+ maybe 4-500 NOK for the shipping to Norway. So I can save about 1000 NOK (about $150) by buying it from the US.

Don't know if they changed it from the Surface Pro to the SP2, but on my current SP2 the cable between the adapter brick and the wall is exchangeable, so I am hoping all I have to so is swap that out with one that fits the Norwegian socket.

The only downside is that I don't get the Norwegian "warranty" of 5 years.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett