Surface Pricing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dua Hafeez

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
I might be in the minority but I don't think that the Surface is overpriced. Reasons:
1. Besides it being a premium product, look at the amount of effort Microsoft has put in with the engineering, fan and kickstand.
2. Its a hybrid. Compare its pricing to products in the same category like the Lenovo Yoga 2 rather than simply comparing it to a tablet or laptop.
3. Form factor & portability.
4. Its aimed more for the enterprise market rather than the average consumer. At least thats what I feel.

Interested to know what others think.

JHunsaker

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
I think the pricing is fine but I just don't want to spend that kind of money. If it was closer to 600 bucks then I would be more likely to impulse buy instead of keep waiting for the price to drop. So far I have been waiting 2 years and still don't see myself getting one anytime soon even though I would like to get one.

xboxonthego3

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I agree with you. It is definitely fairly priced. It would be great if I could buy the top configuration but I can't afford it. That doesn't make it not fairly priced.

Last edited:

darthhen

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
I agree that it is not over priced. Looking at the pricing of Yoga 2 Pro and other ultra-books out there, my opinion is that SP3 is priced very competitive.

People need to realize that if you want the newest & coolest gadgets, you need to pay up!

ExTrAbUtTa

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Your not the only one, I feel the pricing is right in line. Once people get a hold of the product, use, check it over, I'd ask them how this could be in the $500-$600 price range? Something would HAVE to be given up in quality, features or specs to achieve what MS has done with the SP3. I personally want MS to continue hitting the premium market, that will allow them to truly show their innovation, instead of worrying about the price points. If price is a factor, the SP3 is not the machine for you. The other OEMs have a plethora of products ranging from $250 to "whatever you want to pay".

Racing Snake

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm not going to draw this into an argument - but '"cheap" is a relative term - what you consider cheap might not be to someone else.
I'm just saying.

MazoMark

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I've got no problem with price point, but wish MS would list price with the keyboard. I've heard the justification that because they offer different colors, they need to sell separately,nut I don't buy it. They could advertise a price including the keyboard and still give the customer a color choice at checkout.

Marketing the device as a laptop replacement and then telling customer the keyboard is a $130 "accessory" is strange.

Dua Hafeez

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
I think it's fairly priced for you guys - but would you pay an EXTRA $750 for the i7-256?
http://forums.windowscentral.com/microsoft-surface-pro-3/285287-cost-comparisons.html
As that's what we have to pay in the UK :unhappysweat:
That's what doesn't seem right!!

Agreed. Never understood why we pay so much more for electronics. I was buying a laptop earlier this year, Lenovo which was going to set me back ?700 and I was paying some ?250 more than the US price even with tax included :unhappysweat:. Not to mention that the US website allowed it to be customized..

anon(5445874)

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
There must be a lot of young lads here. Not that i'm old, but not that long ago, computers cost way more than this with a fraction of the ability. Computers these days are CHEAP!! I recall buying a Pentium 2 computer at something like $2500.

maflynn

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
It was being compared against an MacBook Air during the media even and if you look at the pricing of the MBA vs. The SP3, you'll see for intents purposes they're just about the same price. The wifi version of the iPad air (128GB flavor) is 800 dollars. Pretty close to the SP3's price point. The LTE version is 929. With the SP3, you get a faster CPU/GPU, more ram, larger display and the OS is not locked down like it is in iOS. My point is you're not paying that much more then what apple charges for the iPad and its about the same price as the MBA .

Dua Hafeez

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
I've got no problem with price point, but wish MS would list price with the keyboard. I've heard the justification that because they offer different colors, they need to sell separately,nut I don't buy it. They could advertise a price including the keyboard and still give the customer a color choice at checkout.

Marketing the device as a laptop replacement and then telling customer the keyboard is a $130 "accessory" is strange.

Won't there be a problem in implementing this at stores like BB? And there might be people who don't want to buy the keyboard..

MazoMark

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Won't there be a problem in implementing this at stores like BB? And there might be people who don't want to buy the keyboard..

If you don't want a keyboard, you get a $130 credit at checkout. IMHO, I think most buyers will want a keyboard.

Not sure I follow why pricing with a keyboard included would be problem at BB specifically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234