Visit site
It's 4400 for all processors.

Don't mislead people with incorrect information. As Paul Thurrott says:

• Intel Core i3, 4 GB of RAM and 64 GB of solid state storage
  • Intel Core i5, 4 GB of RAM and 128 GB of solid state storage
  • Intel Core i5, 8 GB of RAM and 256 GB of solid state storage
  • Intel Core i7, 8 GB of RAM and 256 GB of solid state storage
  • Intel Core i7, 8 GB of RAM and 512 GB of solid state storage
Entry-level. The entry level Surface Pro 3 model offers a dual-core Intel Core i3 4200Y processor with Intel HD Graphics 4200. It offers a clock speed of 1.3 GHz.

Mid-level. The two mid-level Surface Pro 3 models both offer the same dual-core Intel Core i5-4300U processor with Intel HD Graphics 4400. It offers a base speed of 1.6 GHz with Turbo Boost speeds of up to 2.9 GHz.

High-end. The two high-end Surface Pro 3 models both offer the same Intel Core i7-4650U processor with with Intel HD Graphics 5000. It offers a base speed of 1.7 GHz with Turbo Boost speeds of up to 3.3 GHz.

frmaccnt01

May 25, 2014
Visit site
Will there be a "big" difference between Intel HD5000 & Intel HD 4400 with i7 & i5 configuration??

The short answer is No. Difference can be as little as 2% (Metro LL) between the older HD4000 and HD5000. Between 4400 and 5000 can be negligible in some games and noticeable in other but not by more than 10-20%. Tomb Raider was the one exception where it was around 40% I think.

Also remember this data applies for standard versions of the CPUs, SP3 version of the i7 is only clocked at 1.7 Ghz and the CPU may also be slower or heavily throttled due to heat / power restrictions.

Detailed comparison here:
AnandTech | A Look at Intel HD 5000 GPU Performance Compared to HD 4000

frmaccnt01

May 25, 2014
Visit site
Will there be a "big" difference between Intel HD5000 & Intel HD 4400 with i7 & i5 configuration??

The short answer is No. Difference can be as little as 2% (Metro LL) between the older HD4000 and HD5000. Between 4400 and 5000 can be negligible in some games and noticeable in other but not by more than 10-20%. Tomb Raider was the one exception where it was around 40% I think.

Also remember this data applies for standard versions of the CPUs, SP3 version of the i7 is only clocked at 1.7 Ghz and the CPU may also be slower or heavily throttled due to heat / power restrictions.

Detailed comparison here:
AnandTech | A Look at Intel HD 5000 GPU Performance Compared to HD 4000

Angry_Mushroom

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
From the looks of it. The 4400 is a tad faster than the 4000, and the 5000 is reasonably faster than the 4400. Honestly the bump in resolution for the new Surface kinda would push me towards the higher end options. Higher resolution should be offset by the stronger graphics.

Everett_Tech

Jun 20, 2014
Visit site
My laptop has a Turbo-Boosted 4th gen Intel Core i7 at 3.4 GHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 870m GPU, 32 GB of RAM, 1 TB HDD, 250 GB SSD, 4 USB 3.0 ports, Thunderbolt port, HDMI port, Blue-Ray / CD / DVD reader/writer, and a dual fan cooling system that keeps all those parts cool for a month of non-stop usage. I don't recall Surface Pro 3 having specs anywhere near my laptop, so I doubt it can replace it. If you are into gaming, video editing, and other usage requiring actual power, this is NOT the device for you. Get and Asus G750JH for $450 more.

Cleavitt76

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
My laptop has a Turbo-Boosted 4th gen Intel Core i7 at 3.4 GHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 870m GPU, 32 GB of RAM, 1 TB HDD, 250 GB SSD, 4 USB 3.0 ports, Thunderbolt port, HDMI port, Blue-Ray / CD / DVD reader/writer, and a dual fan cooling system that keeps all those parts cool for a month of non-stop usage. I don't recall Surface Pro 3 having specs anywhere near my laptop, so I doubt it can replace it. If you are into gaming, video editing, and other usage requiring actual power, this is NOT the device for you. Get and Asus G750JH for $450 more.

Apples and oranges. Totally different objectives and different price points. The Surface Pro is "the tablet that can replace a laptop" (not every laptop, but most). What you have is a laptop that can replace a gaming desktop/workstation. Why even make this comparison?

vertigoOne

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site

Sure would be a shame not to try ;)

I have been pleasantly surprised by the capability of Intel's integrated graphics offerings since my original ASUS Zenbook. I have tried out some pretty heavy programs and datasets on various devices since and while I have never used one as my sole means of getting work done I do know that it is surprisingly capable despite not being the best possible experience... although I do question your rationale considering you chose a laptop over a desktop if your work is truly that heavy and consistent to require non-stop heavy usage for a month.

Oh, and software/game developers are taking note of this hardware trend and making their software run more efficiently on more mobile hardware. Played any Source games on a Surface Pro? Or did you perhaps see the dude from Adobe taking part in the presentation at the Surface Pro 3 reveal. There was even a slide shown during the reveal and mention of collaboration with some of the giants of software development including Adobe and Autodesk specifically relating to alignment with the Surface Pro 3.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs