The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
11-30-2017 04:23 PM
193 ... 678
tools
    You make a valid point. I'm noticing that there is a varying range of available color offerings. I'm wondering if the one for the 11" would be a better fit? Also is the pic below a good representation of the size? If so, then, yes, that is huge. They should consider adding a shoulder strap and handles like a saddle bag.

639713924282_main.jpg
    11-06-2014 11:24 AM
    That looks about right for size. I'm not sure if the one for an 11" will fit or not. I'm starting to think about sending this one back. It's a lot of money for something you're only moderately satisfied with. In fact, today I'm taking my wife to the hospital for surgery, and she'll be in overnight, so I'm not even using this case for that. I'm using my smaller (but thicker) Case Logic tablet case, because I can stuff the power cord and my reading glasses case into it. The more I think about it, the more I think I may send this back. I love the style and the look - it's almost exactly what I want - but it's too big, and the excess pockets are not functional without it becoming just another case.
    11-07-2014 07:52 AM
    In fact, since I'm sitting here thinking about it, I just processed the return. I like it, but not enough to keep it for that price. Maybe if it were smaller.
    11-07-2014 07:56 AM
    Thanks for the honest feedback.
    11-07-2014 08:14 AM
    That's what it's all about.

Honestly, I wish I had liked it better. I really want that style of case. But it didn't turn out as good in real life as I thought it would.
    11-07-2014 06:51 PM
    Any updates for new sleeves/cases? Picking my SP3 up at the weekend and would like a sleeve as an extra bit of protection for when it's out and about!

Pref UK versions too, as always are choice is limited to what our US cousins can grab
    02-19-2015 09:01 AM
    Any updates for new sleeves/cases? Picking my SP3 up at the weekend and would like a sleeve as an extra bit of protection for when it's out and about!

Pref UK versions too, as always are choice is limited to what our US cousins can grab
    Here's an Incision folio. It comes in different colors. I'm almost tempted to get one.

Amazon.com: Incipio Roosevelt Folio for Microsoft Surface Pro 3 - Red: Electronics

Currently, I have the Snugg leather sleeve. And it works really well.

http://www.amazon.com/Snugg-Surface-...pUvbUpU2995999
    02-19-2015 01:03 PM
    I would love just a cover without a keyboard, like an iPad Smart Cover.
    02-19-2015 01:30 PM
    I would love just a cover without a keyboard, like an iPad Smart Cover.
    I agree 110%!!! That Twas the first thing I asked... And they don't have them. And there are no 3rd party magnetic smart covers.
    02-19-2015 01:32 PM
    I ended up getting the Outback Solo for my SP3. At first I was afraid it would feel like a purse, carrying it around. I didn't want that. But no, it doesn't. Like the review on the blog said a while back, if Indiana Jones were to carry a Surface Pro 3, this is the bag he'd use. And since I'm a fan of Harrison Ford not only for his filmography, but also for his aviation, as well as the way he lives (he gives kids airplane rides, and has used his helicopter in rescues), that's the bag I went with.

I've probably had it for a month or two now, and I really like it. I keep a Microsoft Arc Touch Mouse with my PC, so the USB dongle is always attached (not the BT version). At first, the bag didn't like that, but it's broken in now, and the PC with dongle slides in and out just fine. The smaller front pocket fits the mouse perfectly, leaving the larger pouch for whatever. I have a small 4-port USB hub in there right now, but there is room for more. I haven't tried the power supply, and kind of doubt it would fit, but maybe. It would definitely be tight closing the magnetic clasp on the pouch. The pocket on the back fits my Dell Venue Pro 8, if I ever want to take both computers with me. That's going to be rare, but it's nice to know that if I want to take it I won't have to move to a bigger bag.

I'm perfectly happy with it.
    04-01-2015 12:49 PM
    I'm gonna pipe in and say that the Maroo black Folio case is amazing. If anyone is still looking for it, you can find it in the bowels of Amazon where they usually have it used for a lot cheaper. I think I paid like $27 for it with free shipping, and even though it's used it looks brand new.

That being said, it does add a lot of bulk/weight and personally I don't like the kickstand (there's only one position for it). And it is nearly identical to Best Buy's Platinum Folio.

Tbh, I just want a folio case that uses the SP3 kickstand and fits the type cover. I thought of the Titan Cyclops case and the UAG case but I tend to leave my type cover at home when I'm out and about (plus I like the stability of the folio case).

Does anyone know of a case that fits this description?
    04-22-2015 12:13 AM
    Has someone of you got the Snupped-sleeve for your Surface? I saw that they sell them 50% off for the Surface-line here: https://www.snupped.com/microsoft_surface and I am thinking about buying one for my new SP3 :)
    Gary Oppenhuis likes this.
    06-29-2015 05:07 AM
    In the snugg sleeve there is a Space for charger and cable?
    07-03-2015 09:18 AM
    In the snugg sleeve there is a Space for charger and cable?

Unfortunately no. I am normally not away from my home long enough to need one. I think I'm going to out longer, I throw it in my backpack with a charger.
    07-04-2015 01:14 AM
    Tough decision, so many to choose from. After reading through the posts in this thread, and looking at a lot of web sites, I went with the Incipio Roosevelt (http://www.amazon.com/Incipio-Micros...pUvbUpU3164261). It seems like it will add a little more comfort when I'm using it on my lap, which is most of the time. A couple of potential shortcomings - the Surface itself isn't locked into the case, only the Type Cover. So I'll need to be careful not to let it fall off. Another, when I want to use the docking station, I'll need to take the Type Cover out of the case, not sure how hard this will be. I guess I'll find out in 5-8 days.
    07-21-2015 04:47 PM
    Bought the Case Logic kick back case looking for the thinnest possible case.

One big plus is ability to use it with the surface dock.
    Attached Thumbnails wp_20160528_18_22_44_pro.jpg   photochooser-4541e22f-d351-49e4-843e-00578d69a5b3.jpg  
    05-29-2016 07:34 AM
    05-29-2016 07:37 AM
    I called and checked and and since the SP3 and 12.9 iPad Pro are so close in size, all of these cases, sleeves and bags will fit the SP3.

https://www.mac-case.com/collections...ipad-pro-cases

There is quite a few to choose from including the OP's quest to find a high quality sleeve.
    11-30-2017 04:23 PM
193 ... 678