Surface Pro 3 Cases/Sleeves

tawfiqmp

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
Kinda surprised I haven't been able to find a topic on this yet.

Anyone have any good ideas for cases/sleeves for the SP3?

I really just want a sleeve that doesn't have trouble with pulling the SP3 in and out of the sleeve whenever it has the keyboard attached. I had issues with other sleeves with SP2 when the keyboard was on it.

ytrewq

May 22, 2014
Visit site
When I pre-ordered my SP3, it gave me the option to buy a sleeve for it. I bought it, and it turned out to be a generic Incipio sleeve that "fits most 13 inch laptops and ultrabooks." It looks like it's much bigger than it needs to be. I don't need a suitcase for my SP3; I want a sleeve that's made for it. I'll be returning the Incipio sleeve and waiting for something tailored to the SP3.

california86

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
There's not a topic on this yet because there aren't any cases/sleeves available yet.

They'll probably start popping up a week or two before release date.

smoheath

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I found some artsy ones on etsy that aren't cheap. I don't have a link but I think they were called surface sleeves. I know, generic. Just Bing it.

PLGomez

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I'm using an etsy sleeve made out of cork. The etsy seller's name is corkor. It's awesome. I'm still waiting to get my Freedom Case from kickstarter... I'm sure I'm gonna have the Surface Pro 3 before I receive my Freedom Case.... I wonder if they'll make one for the SP3.

steve peters

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Hi gang,
I'm looking for more of a portfolio for the Pro 3. You know, like the kind that you put a legal sized tablet of paper in, it may have a calculator on the left side, room for business cards, a pen holder in the middle. That kind of thing, but instead of the pad of paper, I'd put the Pro 3, carry it to meetings, take notes on it like normal, and use it to do all sorts of things in a pinch. Please let me know if anyone spots something like this, and thanks in advance!

xboxonthego3

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi gang,
I'm looking for more of a portfolio for the Pro 3. You know, like the kind that you put a legal sized tablet of paper in, it may have a calculator on the left side, room for business cards, a pen holder in the middle. That kind of thing, but instead of the pad of paper, I'd put the Pro 3, carry it to meetings, take notes on it like normal, and use it to do all sorts of things in a pinch. Please let me know if anyone spots something like this, and thanks in advance!

Oh that would be awesome. Very professional. Hopefully someone makes one!

darthhen

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I'm using an etsy sleeve made out of cork. The etsy seller's name is corkor. It's awesome. I'm still waiting to get my Freedom Case from kickstarter... I'm sure I'm gonna have the Surface Pro 3 before I receive my Freedom Case.... I wonder if they'll make one for the SP3.

I saw the cases from Corkor, seems pretty cool.

How is the case in terms of padding/protection for SPx?

smoheath

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
No idea. They only have one picture. I'm looking for a sleeve myself. I don't like the 'always on' added weight of a case.

StevoPhilo

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
I honestly hate the idea of cases on the Surface units. None of the cases are able to take advantage of the built in kickstand. I doubt any of the newer cases will either. Because of that, I don't even bother with a case anymore.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I honestly hate the idea of cases on the Surface units. None of the cases are able to take advantage of the built in kickstand. I doubt any of the newer cases will either. Because of that, I don't even bother with a case anymore.

That's where the upcoming Freedom Case has the advantage over other cases. I like my SP2 naked, but I want something to protect it, so for now I carry it in a Case Logic case. When I get my SP3, it would be nice to have something like the Freedom Case, but until that happens, I'll carry it in the same case I'm using now - kind of a very mini soft-sided briefcase.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Wouldn't getting a normal case cause the device to overheat? Seems like it would block the vents the way the sp3 is designed.

If you're talking to me about the case I use now, I'm talking about a case that I stick the PC in to carry it. Not for use while using the SP2. If you're asking about the Freedom Case, it is specifically designed not to block the ventilation ports (so they say). If you're not asking about what I'm using, but other cases, I don't know them, as I've not used any.

StevoPhilo

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
That's where the upcoming Freedom Case has the advantage over other cases. I like my SP2 naked, but I want something to protect it, so for now I carry it in a Case Logic case. When I get my SP3, it would be nice to have something like the Freedom Case, but until that happens, I'll carry it in the same case I'm using now - kind of a very mini soft-sided briefcase.
Even though I like what the freedom case does I still think it's not going to take advantage of the built in kickstand. Especially on the surface pro 3 where you can set the stand in any way you'd like. The cases that we need are actual covers or cases like a cell phone would have. Not a case that hinders the design of the device.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Even though I like what the freedom case does I still think it's not going to take advantage of the built in kickstand. Especially on the surface pro 3 where you can set the stand in any way you'd like. The cases that we need are actual covers or cases like a cell phone would have. Not a case that hinders the design of the device.

I definitely agree that with the SP3 a case like the Freedom Case is less of a need, but I still like the wrap-around folio-type cover that it is, even if it didn't have the different angles of support. I'm imagining something that attaches at the stand, like the current Freedom Case, wraps around the top from back to front when the PC is not being used, and secures at the bottom, with a magnet securing it in place - perhaps a magnet that interacts with both the place where the new keyboard magnets work, and the keyboard magnets themselves, so that the case works with or without the keyboard. When in use, it flips back, hinging at the top of the PC, leaving the vent holes uncovered. Maybe there's a place where magnets can attach to the PC at the top, so that they hold the case in place, no need for any other attachments. The loose flap then has a hinge in the middle, where the PC's hinge is, so that you can adjust the PC's hinge at any angle, just like without the case.

I hereby claim patent on this idea. (wouldn't it be great if it were that easy?)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb