Surface Pro 3 Cases/Sleeves

bells0

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Any updates for new sleeves/cases? Picking my SP3 up at the weekend and would like a sleeve as an extra bit of protection for when it's out and about!

Pref UK versions too, as always are choice is limited to what our US cousins can grab :wink:

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Any updates for new sleeves/cases? Picking my SP3 up at the weekend and would like a sleeve as an extra bit of protection for when it's out and about!

Pref UK versions too, as always are choice is limited to what our US cousins can grab :wink:

Here's an Incision folio. It comes in different colors. I'm almost tempted to get one.

Amazon.com: Incipio Roosevelt Folio for Microsoft Surface Pro 3 - Red: Electronics

Currently, I have the Snugg leather sleeve. And it works really well.

http://www.amazon.com/Snugg-Surface...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU2995999

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I ended up getting the Outback Solo for my SP3. At first I was afraid it would feel like a purse, carrying it around. I didn't want that. But no, it doesn't. Like the review on the blog said a while back, if Indiana Jones were to carry a Surface Pro 3, this is the bag he'd use. And since I'm a fan of Harrison Ford not only for his filmography, but also for his aviation, as well as the way he lives (he gives kids airplane rides, and has used his helicopter in rescues), that's the bag I went with.

I've probably had it for a month or two now, and I really like it. I keep a Microsoft Arc Touch Mouse with my PC, so the USB dongle is always attached (not the BT version). At first, the bag didn't like that, but it's broken in now, and the PC with dongle slides in and out just fine. The smaller front pocket fits the mouse perfectly, leaving the larger pouch for whatever. I have a small 4-port USB hub in there right now, but there is room for more. I haven't tried the power supply, and kind of doubt it would fit, but maybe. It would definitely be tight closing the magnetic clasp on the pouch. The pocket on the back fits my Dell Venue Pro 8, if I ever want to take both computers with me. That's going to be rare, but it's nice to know that if I want to take it I won't have to move to a bigger bag.

I'm perfectly happy with it.

Courtney D

Apr 22, 2015
Visit site
I'm gonna pipe in and say that the Maroo black Folio case is amazing. If anyone is still looking for it, you can find it in the bowels of Amazon where they usually have it used for a lot cheaper. I think I paid like $27 for it with free shipping, and even though it's used it looks brand new.

That being said, it does add a lot of bulk/weight and personally I don't like the kickstand (there's only one position for it). And it is nearly identical to Best Buy's Platinum Folio.

Tbh, I just want a folio case that uses the SP3 kickstand and fits the type cover. I thought of the Titan Cyclops case and the UAG case but I tend to leave my type cover at home when I'm out and about (plus I like the stability of the folio case).

Does anyone know of a case that fits this description?

EMitchell

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Tough decision, so many to choose from. After reading through the posts in this thread, and looking at a lot of web sites, I went with the Incipio Roosevelt (http://www.amazon.com/Incipio-Micro...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU3164261). It seems like it will add a little more comfort when I'm using it on my lap, which is most of the time. A couple of potential shortcomings - the Surface itself isn't locked into the case, only the Type Cover. So I'll need to be careful not to let it fall off. Another, when I want to use the docking station, I'll need to take the Type Cover out of the case, not sure how hard this will be. I guess I'll find out in 5-8 days.

bulls96

Jun 25, 2007
Visit site
Bought the Case Logic kick back case looking for the thinnest possible case.

One big plus is ability to use it with the surface dock.

Attachments

• WP_20160528_18_22_44_Pro.jpg
    WP_20160528_18_22_44_Pro.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 6
  • PhotoChooser-4541e22f-d351-49e4-843e-00578d69a5b3.jpg
    PhotoChooser-4541e22f-d351-49e4-843e-00578d69a5b3.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 6

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member