Microsoft, Macklemore, SP3 Pre-Orders and Lines as far as the Eyes Can see. Wow!

ChristianKing

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft opened a new store at the Perimeter Mall in Atlanta GA today. They didn't just open the store however, they also threw a Macklemore concert as part of opening the store. That was pretty smart because 1000's of people showed up to get tickets :shocked: and every one of them played with a Surface Pro 3 first. Even the diehard Mac fans were freaking out over it.:smile: But that wasn't the amazing part. Long after the tickets were gone the Line kept growing and everyone in line was there for one of two reasons. Reason #1 was to pre-order a Surface Pro 3 and Reason #2 was to buy $99 dell tablets to battle the Android onslaught of cheap tablets. The line was so long it took 35 to 40 minutes just to get in the store. Honestly it was insane. When all the Dell tablets were gone the Surface Pro 3 preorder line was still going strong. I guess an Intel tablet as light as the Surface 2 with full Windows really is the device consumers have been waiting for. I think the 12 inch screen is major selling point also after getting my hands on it for a while.

Honestly, the Surface Pro 3 is one of the most impressive devices I've ever seen come to the general consumer market. Its right up there with the MacBook Pro Retina in terms of Hardware craftsmanship. Everyone was really impressed with it and the new typecover.

Here are a few Instagram pictures of the event and a line that stretched all the way down the center of the mall to the escalators. :shocked:

acegamer

May 24, 2014
Visit site
That is pretty cool. Hope other Microsoft stores get display models before the 6th. From everything that I have read and watched on it the SP3 really does seem to be an extremely impressive piece of technology. I can imagine that just having a little hands on time with it will make a lot of people want to get one. Having that much power in such a light thin package will be extremely tempting.

ChristianKing

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
That is pretty cool. Hope other Microsoft stores get display models before the 6th. From everything that I have read and watched on it the SP3 really does seem to be an extremely impressive piece of technology. I can imagine that just having a little hands on time with it will make a lot of people want to get one. Having that much power in such a light thin package will be extremely tempting.

It is very impressive. It's just large enough to be used like a real laptop, but still small enough to be used as a tablet. It's very light, unbelievably light. The Screen is by far the most impressive piece of the hardware however. It's Glossy, but the viewing angles and color reproduction are spot on. Now they may have tuned the color profiles since It was a grand opening, but if the standard unit out of the box looks anything close to the demo models, it's an IPS display that Easily matches the MacBook Pro Retina and the old HTC ONE M7. And no mater what bias you may hold, those are the two most impressive screens i've come across in consumer technology (Note, the screens were sourced from various manufactures) in the past 3 or 4 years.

Gken

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm curious to see whether I see the large amounts of green in the screen as Anantech has posted. I haven't heard any complaints, actually i've only heard compliments.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)