Surface Pro 3 camera

mcheiron

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

They are very few detailed information about the cameras of the SP3. Does anybody know if it has a BSI sensor included that will make low light Skyping possible?

The Surface 2 has that while the Surface Pro 2 does not.

Thanks

mcheiron

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Even the MS support cannot give me any information about the camera besides resolution. Does anybody have looked at them in a store yet? How well does it adjust to darker environments? I don't have one anywhere close.

chadthebuilder

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
Even the MS support cannot give me any information about the camera besides resolution. Does anybody have looked at them in a store yet? How well does it adjust to darker environments? I don't have one anywhere close.

No MS store close to me; however, If no one answers, I have one on preorder and can test it and see when it gets here.

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

LazyEvul

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
When I was trying it out in-store, the front-facing camera looked surprisingly high-quality. Having said that, the store was pretty well-lit, so it's difficult to say if the same would apply in the dark. I've also read over tons of reviews and none of them mentioned anything wrong with the camera, though none of them have really gone into detail about the camera at all. I pre-ordered my SP3 as well, so I should have the chance to try it out this Friday if no one else gets around to it.

mcheiron

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
When I was trying it out in-store, the front-facing camera looked surprisingly high-quality. Having said that, the store was pretty well-lit, so it's difficult to say if the same would apply in the dark. I've also read over tons of reviews and none of them mentioned anything wrong with the camera, though none of them have really gone into detail about the camera at all. I pre-ordered my SP3 as well, so I should have the chance to try it out this Friday if no one else gets around to it.

Thanks. That would be great. I just know that the cameras of the Surface are really good compared to the ones in the Surface Pro 2, especially in low light situations.

chadthebuilder

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
After testing it out since my SP3 came yesterday, I can pretty much confirm that it does not have a BSI sensor in either of the cameras. The cameras are 'okay' in well lit situations; however, in low light they are practically awful.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon