Dock being thrown in for Surface Pro 3. Pre-orders?

Coolaaron88

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
There is a post going on over at The Verge in the Microsoft forum about a dock being thrown in for Surface Pro 3 Pre-orders.

Anyone able to confirm or deny this at all? I went in to a Microsoft Store to preorder one and the dock didn't show up on my receipt.

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

xboxonthego3

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Doubt it. They would of mentioned it. And there would of been an article about it. Also looking at his screen shot of the receipt the customer name is Brain Gray. Gray brain?? I'm a little skeptical if that is someone's name.

Edit:
Looked at the guys name on user it is brian gray. The receipt must of been a typo.

Last edited:

Coolaaron88

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Doubt it. They would of mentioned it. And there would of been an article about it. Also looking at his screen shot of the receipt the customer name is Brain Gray. Gray brain?? I'm a little skeptical if that is someone's name.

I wouldn't let the fact that his name is Brian Gray being a deterrent to it possibly being true.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

BobLobIaw

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
The post I read at The Verge said the "pre-orders are free, including the dock station." That means that you can preorder the SP3 and accessories, including the dock station, without having to actually buy them when they are available. They just get put back into stock. It has nothing to do with getting a freebie dock station.

xboxonthego3

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Alrighty. But mike made a good point they would probably be more likely to throw the keyboard in for free not the dock or all the accessories. I still don't believe the guy who posted it on the verge. But if I'm wrong fantastic news!

xboxonthego3

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
The post I read at The Verge said the "pre-orders are free, including the dock station." That means that you can preorder the SP3 and accessories, including the dock station, without having to actually buy them when they are available. They just get put back into stock. It has nothing to do with getting a freebie dock station.

That makes more sense.

Coolaaron88

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site

The Microsoft Store does allow you to preorder things without having to do a deposit. I know this seeing as i did it for the surface pro 3 myself.

Thing is of that was the case why did the poster not know that? He was surprised to see the dock on his receipt. He would have had to explicitly say he wanted the dock for it to be included on his receipt.

That being said, it wasn't on mine when I Pre-ordered .

BobLobIaw

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
The Microsoft Store does allow you to preorder things without having to do a deposit. I know this seeing as i did it for the surface pro 3 myself.

Thing is of that was the case why did the poster not know that? He was surprised to see the dock on his receipt. He would have had to explicitly say he wanted the dock for it to be included on his receipt.

I see. I must've read a different post on The Verge because it didn't mention a receipt (or a Brain even!) :grin:

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
That was me. You can preorder the dock. It isn't free. You can have it as part of your in-store preorder, but you can not preorder the dock online yet. That was my point.

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site

I was surprised that pre-ordering the dock was an option given you can not do it online or at any of the other stores yet.

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
I can't see that the dock is listed as being compatible with the SP3. Is it?

Yeah, MS doesn't have the new dock up for pre-order anywhere and there wouldn't be a need to pre-order the Pro/Pro 2 dock. I recall that there was a limited number of the original Pro docks at launch and then a none for a couple months. Perhaps the stores get first dibs. ...quietly.

Coolaaron88

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
It is a different part number from what I can find online. Perhaps they are spoken for? Wishful thinking.

Ah the famous photobriangray, its good to hear from you. This thread was made from your post on The Verge.

It's good to have the clarification that you could just preorder the dock as well as anything really for free. It has nothing to do with anything actually being free.

Uncled1023

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
Hm... When I went to the MS store, they asked if I wanted to pre-order the dock. And they said it was the SP3 dock and would be available on the 20th.

My product# is 296-00693

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Hm... When I went to the MS store, they asked if I wanted to pre-order the dock. And they said it was the SP3 dock and would be available on the 20th.

My product# is 296-00693
Seems to me there are a limited number of docks and a few lucky stores get first dibs. Cool. Hope it show up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre