Shipping early?

SuperTongue

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
Well this kinda sucks, the label I have is via Ground and not Next-Day. Crossing my fingers it's originating at one of the distribution centers nearby.

EDIT:

Scratch that, it has a scheduled delivery date for 6/20. Looks like it must be nearby!

xboxonthego3

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Got a tracking number around 10am central. A label was created around 3pm central. I have Next Day Air Saver for shipping. No other info yet. Looks like i'll be getting it tomorrow though! :)

I ordered the Surface Pro 3 from Microsoft. And Order my Keyboard from BestBuy. Both have tracking#s I just got today.

Edited for andrantos comment below.

andrantos

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
It may be helpful to state which retailer you ordered from. I am assuming those with shipped keyboards but no SP3 are getting theirs from Best Buy?

Pre-ordered first day and have confirmed next day shipping for the keyboard. My SP3 was going through Best Buy's ordering process (Order Received -> Order Validated -> Preparing Order) but got reset back to Order Received just before the keyboard shipped.

MoggSquad

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Mine both say Next Day UPS Air.

Just got the shipping notification and tracking numbers for both the SP3 and the Cyan Type Cover. :) Order was on 6/15 so if you ordered late there may still be a chance.

Tracking numbers don't work yet though so I have no idea whether it's ground or next day.

Alligator42

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
No shipping notice yet on my i7, even though they charged my card yesterday. Nothing like paying for it months in advance if it doesn't ship until August.

SuperTongue

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
And just got a tracking number for my actual SP3 i5/128GB from the Microsoft Store. It's acting like my Type Cover shipment was earlier with no info available just yet, but I imagine it will be here tomorrow since the Type Cover is set to be.

So an update to my overall shipment status:

Purchases:
Ordered 6/2 - SP3 i5/128GB (Microsoft Store) - Received tracking, no activity available
Ordered 6/2 - Cyan Type Cover (Microsoft Store) - Received tracking via UPS Ground, Scheduled Delivery 6/20
Ordered 6/16 - Dark Blue Type Cover (Best Buy) - Payment charged to PayPal but no tracking information received

All items shipping to Northeastern PA (Scranton / Wilkes-Barre area).

chadthebuilder

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
Just checked the tracking links for my SP3 and type cover, and it is now showing that they are scheduled for delivery tomorrow by end of day.

I am so excited it is hard to wait that long! :p

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

acsn

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
I guess I'm not getting it tomorrow on my preorder. Latest update shows a shipping label created for the type cover (no estimated delivery date, ground shipping). No movement on the actual device. :unhappy:

SuperTongue

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
I guess I'm not getting it tomorrow on my preorder. Latest update shows a shipping label created for the type cover (no estimated delivery date, ground shipping). No movement on the actual device. :unhappy:

If you've got tracking numbers for both and at least a label created (with a scheduled delivery date), you're probably getting it tomorrow. You might not see any updates until early AM tomorrow or even later. UPS is just awesome like that haha

nrnw

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site

exactly in the same situation....no updates at all on the SP3 (pre-ordered 20-May with MS Store online).

** edit**: have faith, I finally got my SP3 shipping notification - yours will come soon!!!!

Last edited:

kevroc

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
pre-ordered may 20. sp3 and type cover separately. also had the fraud notice to clear with BofA. Just got both shipping notices this afternoon about 30 minutes apart.

kittengirl

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
No shipping notice yet on my i7, even though they charged my card yesterday. Nothing like paying for it months in advance if it doesn't ship until August.

Did the charge clear though, or was it just pending? I am n the same situation, but the cover did ship on that order, so I'm hopeful that the charge only clears for the cover, not the whole order.

wundram

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
Yeah. They only put in a hold, the charge to my card hasn't posted yet. The shipping shows that both the cover and the surface are in Harrisburg, due to be delivered to me in Chicago tomorrow by 10:30am. Very exciting. It would be nice if they never get around to posting that charge. :)

woodie5

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
UPS My Choice just sent me an email saying my I5 256GB Surface and cover, as well as extra stylus will be delivered by end of day June 20. Pre ordered 6/15. Live in So. Cal.

Alligator42

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
Only my cover for the i7 shipped, which was expected. I was just hopeful that since the whole charge was pending that they would ship it early.

jakebake

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
Mine finally shows I'm getting it tomorrow! Where does it show the first place its leaving from on your tracking? Mine shows Cali and I'm in Arizona so wondering if they really did have it waiting near you to be shipped.

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb