When will the sp3 ship?

mrmiagii

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
Anyone else wondering that question? You'd figure it would have been shipped by now if it were going to arrive by the 20th. Very anxious to get my hands on the best pc/tablet/laptop out there. MUST WAIT ANOTHER WEEK AT LEAST AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

LazyEvul

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
History shows us that preorders should be delivered on the "ships by" date. It could still ship tomorrow, or beginning of next week, and arrive by the 20th I'd imagine. Worst-case scenario, it'll arrive sometime the week after, but I'm really hoping to get it on the 20th - after trying the device at the Microsoft Store, I can hardly wait to have my very own!

viciouzone

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
General Info

Chat start time Jun 16, 2014 11:09:15 AM EST
Chat end time Jun 16, 2014 11:14:30 AM EST
Duration (actual chatting time) 00:05:14
Answer Tech Patrick

Chat Transcript

info: Thank you for choosing Microsoft Store. An Answer Tech will be with you shortly.
info: Privacy Statement
You are now chatting with 'Patrick'.
Patrick: Thanks for contacting Microsoft Store Chat, my name is Patrick! How can I help you today?
You: Hi I preordered a Surface Pro 3. Will I have it on release day?
Patrick: I will be Happy to assist with Surface Pro 3.
Patrick: What Surface Pro 3 did you order they have different ship dates.
You: I ordered the Surface Pro 3 i5 128
Patrick: Just a moment while I look into that for you.
Patrick: The Surface Pro 3 i5 128 ships on 6/20/2014 ground shipping arriving in 3-7 business days.
You: Ok and is it possible to upgrade the shipping to receive it on the day it comes out?
Patrick: The pre orders are only shipping free ground.
You: Ok, Thank you :)

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
General Info

Chat start time Jun 16, 2014 11:09:15 AM EST
Chat end time Jun 16, 2014 11:14:30 AM EST
Duration (actual chatting time) 00:05:14
Answer Tech Patrick

Chat Transcript

info: Thank you for choosing Microsoft Store. An Answer Tech will be with you shortly.
info: Privacy Statement
You are now chatting with 'Patrick'.
Patrick: Thanks for contacting Microsoft Store Chat, my name is Patrick! How can I help you today?
You: Hi I preordered a Surface Pro 3. Will I have it on release day?
Patrick: I will be Happy to assist with Surface Pro 3.
Patrick: What Surface Pro 3 did you order they have different ship dates.
You: I ordered the Surface Pro 3 i5 128
Patrick: Just a moment while I look into that for you.
Patrick: The Surface Pro 3 i5 128 ships on 6/20/2014 ground shipping arriving in 3-7 business days.
You: Ok and is it possible to upgrade the shipping to receive it on the day it comes out?
Patrick: The pre orders are only shipping free ground.
You: Ok, Thank you :)

That sounds alarming but again, Microsoft Store's customer service has always been robotic. I got my RT on launch day and I expect this to be the same. Want it by the weekend for sure. (though I have to admit...enjoying the heck out of my Dell Venue Pro 8...surprised how useful it has been.)

TheJoester09

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
I, like a few others here, pre-ordered the original RT, and my receipt for that purchase said "product will be delivered by," but the receipt for the Pro 3 says "will be shipped by." That's a bit disconcerting, but I guess all we can do it wait. Hopefully we'll start receiving shipping confirmations within the next couple of days...

chadthebuilder

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
I, like a few others here, pre-ordered the original RT, and my receipt for that purchase said "product will be delivered by," but the receipt for the Pro 3 says "will be shipped by." That's a bit disconcerting, but I guess all we can do it wait. Hopefully we'll start receiving shipping confirmations within the next couple of days...

I certainly hope so. I would be pretty disappointed if someone can just walk into a store on the 20th and buy one, but our pre-orders don't even ship until then.

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

Yonic Boom

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
When I preordered my Xbox One from the Microsoft store I received a shipping conformation on 11/16/13 but the shipment didn't actually leave their facility until 11/19/13. It arrived on 11/22/13.

The fact that I haven't received a similar early shipping notification makes me think it's not going to head out until the 20th. So I guess I'd have it some time by the middle of next week. Ah well.

wundram

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
I did notice that the surface 3 changed from "Ships by 6/20" to "Ships on 6/20". So that would indicate that new orders would not ship before 6/20, but the orders placed before today (or whenever they changed it), might. When they have to ship to get it here by Friday depends on if they are being drop shipped directly from Pegatron in China, or from Microsoft in the US.

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
Yeah...hard to tell...I thought my Surface RT came in about 3-4 days from China and got here on release day...I'll try to be patient... ;)

kittengirl

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Yeah...hard to tell...I thought my Surface RT came in about 3-4 days from China and got here on release day...I'll try to be patient... ;)

I just did a search in my email folders, and see that my Surface Pro 2 ship notification came to me on 10/19/13, which I was a Saturday. It arrived at my door on 10/22/13, which was the official release date (I can still access the UPS confirmation). The shipping notification for the Type Cover came on Sunday 10/20, and also arrived at my door on Tuesday 10/22/13. If I remember correctly, the unit itself came from China, but the type cover from somewhere in the US. I suspect it will be much the same this time.

nrnw

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
exactly the same in my case during SP2; ordered on 19-Oct and it was at the front door on 22-Oct morning. The shipping mode was "UPS Next Day Air Saver".

I noticed the pre-auth on my PayPal transaction for the SP3 pre-order expires on 18-Jun midnight. But Microsoft clarified today that the expiration date is not an issue. If I had to bet, I'd say they will ship on 18-Jun with 2nd day air option or 19-Jun with the next day air option. I doubt they will ship prior to that as they would not want it to get released prior to the store release...

Timothy Lee3

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
I just spoke with them, Surface Pro 3, 256 G. They told me, after checking, probably playing candy crush, that it will arrive on 6/20/2014.

Even if it arrives Monday, that's better than waiting in line. For my Surface Pro 2, they had you wait in line, then called you up and the entire process took forever.

TheJoester09

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Did anyone order from.best buy? Wonder about their shipping? Anyone have experience with them before with a surface launch?

I pre-ordered the dark blue type cover from them, and I was charged for it a couple of days ago. I assume that means that it will be arriving on launch day.

jayk82

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
I pre-ordered the dark blue type cover from them, and I was charged for it a couple of days ago. I assume that means that it will be arriving on launch day.

After a major screw up on the MS stores' part, I pre-ordered my SP3 from them last night. I have already been charged and my delivery date shows Friday.

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa