Pre-order Shipping Process

Cleavitt76

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Just an FYI for those of you that are starting to stress about your SP3 pre-orders shipping on time or wondering if they will ship on Friday or be delivered on Friday. Based on experience with the SP2 pre-order, nearly everyone that pre-ordered will get their SP3 on Friday.

You may hear conflicting reports that it ships via ground on Friday or that it will be delivered on Friday. Both are actually correct. MS seems to stage the products at nearby UPS locations or some other warehouse, label them at the last minute (like the morning of delivery in some cases), and put them on a truck for delivery to your doorstep on Friday morning. Don't expect to see much progress prior to that. They do the final billing 1 to 3 days in advance and you *might* get a tracking number at that time, but don't expect the package to show any updates until Friday AM.

Of course there will be some screw ups and exceptions, but for the most part you should expect your SP3 to arrive on Friday.

jayk82

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
Mine was still in process as of this morning. I too can't wait! I went all on on the SP3...sold my iPad Air and MBP on eBay!!! So excited for the SP3!

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

SeeVuPlay

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Just an FYI for those of you that are starting to stress about your SP3 pre-orders shipping on time or wondering if they will ship on Friday or be delivered on Friday. Based on experience with the SP2 pre-order, nearly everyone that pre-ordered will get their SP3 on Friday.

You may hear conflicting reports that it ships via ground on Friday or that it will be delivered on Friday. Both are actually correct. MS seems to stage the products at nearby UPS locations or some other warehouse, label them at the last minute (like the morning of delivery in some cases), and put them on a truck for delivery to your doorstep on Friday morning. Don't expect to see much progress prior to that. They do the final billing 1 to 3 days in advance and you *might* get a tracking number at that time, but don't expect the package to show any updates until Friday AM.

Of course there will be some screw ups and exceptions, but for the most part you should expect your SP3 to arrive on Friday.
Okay, but if you are wrong and I dont get mine Friday, I get to have yours....deal?

nrnw

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
Mine was still in process as of this morning. I too can't wait! I went all on on the SP3...sold my iPad Air and MBP on eBay!!! So excited for the SP3!

Good boy...Panos Panay will be proud of you. Now sell that weighing scale as well on eBay; you don't have those two heavy things to weigh anymore!!!

jayk82

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
Good boy...Panos Panay will be proud of you. Now sell that weighing scale as well on eBay; you don't have those two heavy things to weigh anymore!!!

I watched his entire presentation, then after playing with one for a while in Best Buy, I was sold. Now ship them to us already!!!!

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site

Yeah...a lot of threads over this now...if these statements true, they we'll be patient...I do remember mine original Surface coming from China so I know it needed more than the two days we have left. :)

Cleavitt76

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Just a follow up. I just got a tracking number for my order about an hour ago. It's in a UPS facility several hundred miles away, but the expected delivery date is tomorrow.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs