Docking station released 15th August

xboxonthego3

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Waiting to get one since I do not need it at the moment. But my brother has ordered one. He is pretty excited for it. I'll make sure to check it out when he gets it. It might convince me to get the dock.

jedge

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
Unless there is a way to make it so you can have UI scaling on one screen, but not another, i don't really see the point of trying to use the SP3 as a 2nd monitor when you're trying to use it as a desktop, i.e. docked.

Better to just buy a 2nd monitor and push the SP3 into the corner. That said, it would be cheaper to buy a mini-dp to hdmi adapter and a usb hub with ethernet. Which would cost about $50 instead of the dock's $200. On the other hand, the dock looks a lot better and is convenient to use. Plus it essentially gives you a 2nd power supply for your Surface, so you can leave the original one in you bad and never forget it.

xboxonthego3

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
With only one display port, its really hard to justify $200... it looks so good though.

From what I know it comes with only one display port for a reason. Display ports can be daisy changed from one monitor to the next. So don't let the one display port fool you.

BaritoneGuy

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Unless there is a way to make it so you can have UI scaling on one screen, but not another, i don't really see the point of trying to use the SP3 as a 2nd monitor when you're trying to use it as a desktop, i.e. docked.

Better to just buy a 2nd monitor and push the SP3 into the corner. That said, it would be cheaper to buy a mini-dp to hdmi adapter and a usb hub with ethernet. Which would cost about $50 instead of the dock's $200. On the other hand, the dock looks a lot better and is convenient to use. Plus it essentially gives you a 2nd power supply for your Surface, so you can leave the original one in you bad and never forget it.

It should autoscale each display based on the size and resolution. Alternatively you are able to adjust things manually.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa