Miracast Tested

jrohland

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
I have used my SP3 Miracasting to this receiver. It works beautifully. Good, solid connection, no glitches and sound in sync.

Because the TV has lower resolution than the SP3, the SP3 screen reduces it's resolution to match the TV. This makes sense of course, but keep in mind things located on the screen will likely be in different places.

I have not casted any HD video feeds because I have better ways to do that but I have casted YouTube and short videos taken with my phones through the years.

jrohland

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone know if there is a way to use a Windows 8.1 desktop with WiFi as a Maracas receiver?
I have not seen that capability but I would have little need for it. If I wanted to view my SP3 screen, I would use Remote Desktop. However, I can see how having a Miracast receiver window open on a Desktop would be moderately useful. For example if I wanted my BlackBerry Z30 screen in a Window on my SP3. However, I would want it to be interactive and Miracast does not do that.

If you find a way to do what you are attempting, please report it here as I am interested.

Mr. Brown

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I have not seen that capability but I would have little need for it. If I wanted to view my SP3 screen, I would use Remote Desktop. However, I can see how having a Miracast receiver window open on a Desktop would be moderately useful. For example if I wanted my BlackBerry Z30 screen in a Window on my SP3. However, I would want it to be interactive and Miracast does not do that.

If you find a way to do what you are attempting, please report it here as I am interested.
I am interested in it because I have a 50" Plasma TV that doesn't support Miracast and I have a Windows 8.1 HTPC connected to it that we use for playing DVD's/Bluerays, Netflix, and our Movie library. I would love to be able to Miracast from my SP3 on occasion when I quickly want to share something from my screen for all to see.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I am interested in it because I have a 50" Plasma TV that doesn't support Miracast and I have a Windows 8.1 HTPC connected to it that we use for playing DVD's/Bluerays, Netflix, and our Movie library. I would love to be able to Miracast from my SP3 on occasion when I quickly want to share something from my screen for all to see.

Which brand of HTPC is it? I don't think HTPC's support Miracast out of the box (could be wrong) probably WiDi depending on the CPU and Wi Fi chipset.

jrohland

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
If the TV has a spare HDMI port you could get a Miracast receiver and just use that. That would cost a little money and means you have to change the input port on the TV. Not as convenient as just having the PC open a full screen window I understand. Still, it's an option.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion