Surface speaker enhancer thingy

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I remember awhile back someone posted a neat product that can go on the sides of surface where the speakers are, and make the front facing speaker go louder, could anyone point me to what that product is called and where to purchase it?
The speakers on SP3 are good but I find it to be not very focused sometimes especially in bigger spaces.
​Much thanks!

kittengirl

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Are you talking about the "ears" that were from a recent Kickstarter campaign?

Supposedly my husband ordered me a pair for my SP2, and they will likely show up the day after I find a buyer for it, LOL. I don't think they will work with the SP3 though - they wouldn't fit, for one thing, and they are designed for the SP and SP2's backwards facing speakers. Or did you hear about something else for SP3

StevoPhilo

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
The design of those Surface Ears were for the older Surface models and wouldn't work for the SP3.

There are 2 reasons.
1- The speakers on the previous models would project out to the sides. So the ears would essentially take it and turn it towards the user. On The newer Surface Pro 3 they project forward. You'll see the small speakers in the front along the black bezel.
2- The SP3 is a different form factor in size and thickness. It would have to be redesigned.

navierstokez

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
SP3 speakers are already front facing. As mentioned by StevoPhilo
Those things will not benefit you.

But if you are handy with CAD, you can draw your own and get it 3D printed by a 3D printing bureau. If you are going to FDM print it (recommended) just make sure the wall thickness are at least 1.5mm thick.

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Lol thanks for the suggestions but that is wayy to pro-sounding for me, haha. I have no clue how to draw something and then get it 3D-printed..
The front facing speakers of SP3 is okay, but again I just find it a bit unfocused and spreading everywhere.

onlysublime

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
yeah, wait for the guy to make a SP3 version. Even if it's just a tacky funnel, it'll help.

i got the Ears for my SP2. I can't wait for them to come in. I cupped my hand at the speakers on the SP2 and it makes such a huge difference in volume level. Even got the purple to match my keyboard.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium