Using Surface Pro 3 with projector

spasell

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
So I am giving a presentation tomorrow and would love to use my new toy to present. Problem is, I'm not sure how to do this as there doesn't appear to be a port for it.

My projector does have HDMI port but there does not appear to be one on this. I am coming from MacAir and I had the adaptor. Wondering if there is one that would work here thay I could get at my local staples store and if so, what would it be? .

So far love the SP3. Much more than my Air.

Thanks

xboxonthego3

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
So I am giving a presentation tomorrow and would love to use my new toy to present. Problem is, I'm not sure how to do this as there doesn't appear to be a port for it.

My projector does have HDMI port but there does not appear to be one on this. I am coming from MacAir and I had the adaptor. Wondering if there is one that would work here thay I could get at my local staples store and if so, what would it be? .

So far love the SP3. Much more than my Air.

Thanks

You will need a MiniDisplay port to Hdmi adapter or cable. I bought my adapter from amazon for around $15. You might be able to find one at a local store but you might end up paying more.

Live2Deliver

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
SP3 has a MiniDisplay port. buy an adaptor

you may want to check if your adaptor for your Air is minidisplay, being a mac it should be.
If yes you can use it on your SP3.

Marcellus1

Jun 22, 2014
Visit site
If you have a chromecast, you could plug the chromecast into the projector and then cast your screen using the google chrome extension. Just select to cast your whole screen rather than your browser window and you can cast anything from any program onto the chromecast.

jedge

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site

BINGO!, that's the one you want.
Though i am slightly biased, i just got mine today. Don't forget to throw in an extra HDMI cable in your cart too if you don't have a spare: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU2607400

Everyone loves things like BlueJeans and Miracast and GoToMeeting and Polycom until there's a problem 5 minutes before your meeting and the IT Support guy decided to take lunch early. If you travel and present with your laptop and use other company's projectors, you want one of these.

P.S., while i'm on my soapbox, have a backup of your presentation on a flash drive if you can too :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs