Track Pad Palm Rejection

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know of a way to adjust the palm rejection of the track pad on the TypeCover 3? I'm rather disappointed with it ATM. I'm tired of the focus going somewhere else while typing, because some part of my hand touched the track pad, or worse yet, typing something, and the focus shifts while I continue typing, and it changes something else. The adjustment doesn't seem to be where it would be were this a Synaptics track pad.

jedge

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone know of a way to adjust the palm rejection of the track pad on the TypeCover 3? I'm rather disappointed with it ATM. I'm tired of the focus going somewhere else while typing, because some part of my hand touched the track pad, or worse yet, typing something, and the focus shifts while I continue typing, and it changes something else. The adjustment doesn't seem to be where it would be were this a Synaptics track pad.

I looked into this quite a bit yesterday and the short answer is no.

The long answer is that while you can disable the touchpad entirely, you'd have to do it from device manager and that's hardly a good solution. Microsoft did release an App called Trackpad Settings app for Windows in the Windows Store, but it's for the SP2 and as of yesterday it doesn't support the new Type Cover 2 at all. :(

If there is a solution that i missed i'd love to hear it. I just want to disable the trackpad when i'm using a mouse. Most laptops let you do that so it seems like an oversight.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, Jedge. You come from Synaptics to this, and you feel like you're moving into the dark ages. Yes, this is a far cry better than what we had with the 2, but man, Synaptics perfected this a long time ago. You'd think that Microsoft could have licensed something from them, right?

zariman

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
I am not sure if this is what you are looking for but if you go to mouse and touchpad setting from the tablet setting there is an option to change the behavior of the taps (I am assuming of the touchpad).

v0lum3

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I dont have a SP3 (yet) but i remember from my Surface 2 and RT, this Little app: Trackpad Settings app for Windows in the Windows Store
This lets you control you Type and Touch cover. Not sure if this Works with the Pro 3 cover tho! Imo an app that should download itself when you attach a cover!!
On a sidenote i remember something about a trackpad setting in the metro settings menu aswell!

Hope this helps! :)

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, y'all. I didn't realize there was another mouse setting in the metro settings. I just turned off taps, and that should do it. Since the whole touchpad clicks, it'll just be a matter of getting into the habit of clicking instead of tapping. :wink:

zariman

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
This is a prime example of the fragmentation issue Windows 8 suffers from. Two separate options for the same device isn't very intuitive even to experienced Windows users.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
If you go to settings > change PC settings > PC and devices > mouse and touchpad, you can change the delay before taps works or turn off taps completely. It's all the way at the bottom.

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
If you go to settings > change PC settings > PC and devices > mouse and touchpad, you can change the delay before taps works or turn off taps completely. It's all the way at the bottom.
Dude!!!!

Thanks! It was driving me insane this morning typing of up a paper in Word. Set it to Long Delay and I can finally type without the cursor going everywhere!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans