Questions for any artists using SP3

J0n5ey

May 28, 2014
Visit site
I'm keen to find out about the drawing experience with SP3.

As someone who uses a Wacom and stylus daily, I'd love to know how the kickstand bears up against your weight when drawing or painting?

Do you feel that it might give way under the weight of your arm when pressing down, painting and drawing for extended periods? Or would you be inclined (ha ha) to use it on a drawing board without the stand kicked out?

Witness

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I mainly work with Photoshop. The kickstand is stable enough that I don't feel like it is going to snap from the weight of my palm pressing against it to work the pen. In the store, I pressed down extra hard to test the sturdiness of the stand while using Fresh Paint, and it felt good. I wouldn't worry about it, but just buy their extended warranty for peace of mind - not so much about the stand, but for anything else including dropping and cracking the screen.

J0n5ey

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for that, I haven't actually had chance to play with one yet, so it's good to hear that the stand is up to the job.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
This made me think of the review or something where the guy tried to use the original Surface (i think RT) as a footrest.

Spoiler alert: it broke.

Of course that's extreme, but think the 3 can handle that? (I jest, don't actually try it)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo