Things Stopping Me From Getting A Surface Pro 3

Jan Tomsic

May 8, 2013
Visit site
When they can do this with small tablet with full windows buying a SPx seems like a waste of $$.
Things are really going to change next year. SP3 seems dated by comparison. Heck my old SP2 seems ancient.

ThinkPad 8 Dockable Windows 8 Business Tablet | Lenovo (US)

A nice tablet, but you can't really compare intel Atom to Core series, especially not i5 and i7. ThinkPad 8 is a completely different category than Surface Pro.

badMojo69

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
A nice tablet, but you can't really compare intel Atom to Core series, especially not i5 and i7. ThinkPad 8 is a completely different category than Surface Pro.

Technically you're right, but my guess is most people don't really use the full power of the SP3. I know I didn't really use my SP2 which is why I sold it for an S2. Still I think the design is going to be a ton better with SP3.5 this November. :)

DJCBS

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
The Thirteenth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution abolished slavery.

And the Second Amendment allows any nut-case in the US to hold an arsenal at home.

Luckily for us, any Harry Potter book has more value in Europe than the US Constitution ;D

BobLobIaw

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
And the Second Amendment allows any nut-case in the US to hold an arsenal at home.

Luckily for us, any Harry Potter book has more value in Europe than the US Constitution ;D

I wasn't aware that the Harry Potter Constitution of Europe allowed slavery either. Perhaps Microsoft will be able to sell the employees that they bought? You'll have to explain how that works, since you are the resident expert on the terms and conditions of the Microsoft-Nokia sale.

DJCBS

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I wasn't aware that the Harry Potter Constitution of Europe allowed slavery either. Perhaps Microsoft will be able to sell the employees that they bought? You'll have to explain how that works, since you are the resident expert on the terms and conditions of the Microsoft-Nokia sale.

Are you serious? Can't you understand English? I thought you were joking but apparently not. So, albeit I think you're just being a troll, I'll explain it anyway.

They sell employees just like a football club "sells players". You're obviously not selling the person. You're selling the contract that said person has with a company.
When one writes that Microsoft bought ex-Nokia employees, it means that Microsoft bought the contracts that those employees had with Nokia. And so, they "bought the employees" as they moved from one company to another by decision of their employers.
Of course, many refused to move and therefore opted for the termination of their contracts. But those who didn't oppose, where moved by the company.

So yeah. Microsoft bought the employees from Nokia's D&S division.

And by the way, Europe does NOT have a Constitutions as we're not a Federation like the US. Yet, yes, all the Harry Potter Constitutions of Europe allow this. And, sorry to break it to you, so does the US Constitution.

I find it more concerning that you apparently don't know what slavery was or means, though...

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Are you serious? Can't you understand English? I thought you were joking but apparently not. So, albeit I think you're just being a troll, I'll explain it anyway.

They sell employees just like a football club "sells players". You're obviously not selling the person. You're selling the contract that said person has with a company.
When one writes that Microsoft bought ex-Nokia employees, it means that Microsoft bought the contracts that those employees had with Nokia. And so, they "bought the employees" as they moved from one company to another by decision of their employers.
Of course, many refused to move and therefore opted for the termination of their contracts. But those who didn't oppose, where moved by the company.

So yeah. Microsoft bought the employees from Nokia's D&S division.

And by the way, Europe does NOT have a Constitutions as we're not a Federation like the US. Yet, yes, all the Harry Potter Constitutions of Europe allow this. And, sorry to break it to you, so does the US Constitution.

I find it more concerning that you apparently don't know what slavery was or means, though...

I guarantee he understood none of that.

BobLobIaw

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I understand everything that was written. Microsoft did not buy employees. That is an incorrect statement. Assets of Nokia were sold to Microsoft, but employees were not. It's a simple misstatement on your part and I corrected your misstatement. I will say nothing more due to the derailment issue.

ziggy3055#CB

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site
In an attempt to get this back on track...

There's always going to be something that's "coming" in technology. People will wait for a Broadwell, but then Skylake will be coming. When Skylake comes, then Cannonlake will be coming, and on and on. The SP3 is pretty thin for what it is now, but it will always get thinner. If you are waiting for the next thing to come, you should understand that's going to always be the case.

badMojo69

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I want Asus T300 Chi thin, 4gig, i3 speed 256gb drive and some kind of port like they have on thin TVs to allow for external devices. Oh and an active digitizer.

jedge

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
My thoughts are that the hardware is extremely solid right now.
Practically all of the reported problems are with software tuning, driver support, and general problems with Win8 and high-resolution displays that you would see on any similar device. All of this can and will be fixed and it will be completely free of charge. I think the SP3 is worth spending money on now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon