I can't afford the UK prices, so I was wondering if I could buy it from the US Microsoft Store or the US best buy and have it shipped to the UK.
    07-08-2014 11:45 AM
    It wouldn't make any difference. You will still have to pay taxes when you get the surface there.
    07-08-2014 12:30 PM
    It wouldn't make any difference. You will still have to pay taxes when you get the surface there.
    :(
    07-08-2014 12:59 PM
    Also you have the issue with the parcel being potentially damaged in transit.
    07-08-2014 05:18 PM
    I can't afford the UK prices, so I was wondering if I could buy it from the US Microsoft Store or the US best buy and have it shipped to the UK.
    The US warranty is not valid in Europe and vice versa. Yes, they also do know the difference - different keys in the serial number. It is never wise to buy gray market unless you really want to pay for a third party service contract, or want to ship it back across the Atlantic for service.
    07-09-2014 04:38 AM
    If you want to buy on the US Microsoft store using a UK credit card you cannot do that as Microsoft want a US billing address for your credit card.
    The only way to buy is to buy directly in person from a Microsoft store or Best Buy.
    I did this previously for the Pro 1 and have just done it again with the Pro 3.
    I am well aware of the lack of international Warranty issue working for a US company I am in the US frequently so its not an issue. I will say though that a company of Microsoft's size should have a worldwide warranty as the HW will be the same in UK anyway.

Was well worth the savings as far as I am concerned as the UK prices are too steep.
    07-09-2014 08:09 AM
    Well, a friend bought his SP3 in Canada at the MS Store in Toronto. I was there with him when he bought it. He specifically asked whether his device would be covered in the UK where he lives and the answer both from the MS Store Manager and the MS website was that it was as long as the device is being sold in the country in which the warranty service is required. We are talking here about the 1-year limited manufacturer's warranty.
    07-09-2014 10:41 AM
    eBay UK has a few already inside the UK.

NEW Microsoft MS Surface 3 Windows 8 Pro 128 GB 128GB Intel Core i5 12" Tablet 0885370658729 | eBay

I tried a low offer and was countered with 749.99 which is 100 cheaper then official UK prices.

I had a USA purchased touch cover replaced in the UK. They collected it and replaced it with the UK layout, so the warranty works fine.
    07-09-2014 11:13 AM
    The US warranty is not valid in Europe and vice versa. Yes, they also do know the difference - different keys in the serial number. It is never wise to buy gray market unless you really want to pay for a third party service contract, or want to ship it back across the Atlantic for service.
    Why is the warranty not valid if I buy from USA and use UPS to ship to the UK? I would be buying it legit from Best Buy (because of the blue type cover)
    07-09-2014 06:50 PM
    If you really want to buy it from the US you could try using Borderlinx http://www.borderlinx.com/GB/en/. I believe they deal with customs etc.

Posted via Windows Phone Central App
    07-10-2014 01:14 AM
    Why is the warranty not valid if I buy from USA and use UPS to ship to the UK? I would be buying it legit from Best Buy (because of the blue type cover)
    The warranty states that a Surface purchased in the US is only covered in the US or Canada. You could send it back to the US for warranty service but wouldn't be able to get it serviced in the UK.
    07-10-2014 09:28 AM
    The warranty states that a Surface purchased in the US is only covered in the US or Canada. You could send it back to the US for warranty service but wouldn't be able to get it serviced in the UK.
    Can you provide a link to support this?

If a Surface bought in Canada can be serviced in the UK, I don't see why the same bought in the US cannot be serviced in the UK. The only thing is that a replacement machine will be a localized one.
    07-10-2014 10:40 AM
    Can you provide a link to support this?

If a Surface bought in Canada can be serviced in the UK, I don't see why the same bought in the US cannot be serviced in the UK. The only thing is that a replacement machine will be a localized one.
    Paragraph [9] states as follows:
    9. This warranty is valid only in the United States of America and Canada.
    http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...0(English).pdf
    07-10-2014 11:01 AM
    nvm guys,
    student discounts for the win!
    I can save almost 100 on the UK surface with a student discount.

I'm still buying the blue type cover from the US though lol

thanks for your help
    07-10-2014 11:52 AM
    nvm guys,

thanks for your help
    There's a thread on here for "education" deals in the U.S. too. Save 10%. It's a great deal if you can get it.

Between that and my work discount for software (Office Pro, Visio Pro), I saved well over $1000!
    07-10-2014 12:10 PM
    nvm guys,

thanks for your help
    You can get the blue cover from the Microsoft store UK website ;) Surface Pro Type Cover - Microsoft Store United Kingdom Online Store although you'll need to wait until it is released at the end of august but if you get the SP3 from the UK store with the student discount, wouldn't be a problem
    07-12-2014 07:10 PM
    Paragraph [9] states as follows:
    9. This warranty is valid only in the United States of America and Canada.
    http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...0(English).pdf
    Thanks.
    07-12-2014 10:42 PM
    MS support seem to confirm warranty would be covered as long as SP3 is sold in the country.

Warranty of Surface 3 Pro - Microsoft Community
    Out-of-US warranty on Surface 3? - Microsoft Community

Exactly as the old models.
    07-13-2014 07:41 AM
    If you want to buy on the US Microsoft store using a UK credit card you cannot do that as Microsoft want a US billing address for your credit card.
    The only way to buy is to buy directly in person from a Microsoft store or Best Buy.
    I did this previously for the Pro 1 and have just done it again with the Pro 3.
    I am well aware of the lack of international Warranty issue working for a US company I am in the US frequently so its not an issue. I will say though that a company of Microsoft's size should have a worldwide warranty as the HW will be the same in UK anyway.

Was well worth the savings as far as I am concerned as the UK prices are too steep.
    How much did you save? I'm curious as I am thinking of visiting friends there in the near future and I want to get the SP3 so it may work out :P.
    07-14-2014 09:24 AM
    NEW Microsoft MS Surface 3 Windows 8 Pro 128 GB 128GB Intel Core i5 12" Tablet 0885370658729 | eBay

Just had an offer of 675 with free delivery accepted.

My SP3 is due on Wednesday :)
    07-14-2014 09:40 AM
    Hello,

DolphinParty how did you get on with your purchase? all go smoothly?

Also from what I understand although this is a US model (which I don't think makes a difference anyway) the warranty is still valid in the UK because the UK is supported area.

Thanks
    Sam
    10-11-2014 06:13 AM
    Also from what I understand although this is a US model (which I don't think makes a difference anyway) the warranty is still valid in the UK because the UK is supported area.
    Sam
    I can confirm this, i bought mine in the US and had it serviced (replaced) in the UK - Adam
    10-11-2014 10:07 AM