Surface Pro 3 Firmware Updates

sahilln

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
I did that but all I received were security updates and generic windows 8 updates. I did not see anything specific for the surface.

sahilln

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
Interesting. They must be rolling them out slowly. I feel like the features they fixed are the only problems I have so I want the updates really bad. Haha.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I didn't get one, either. I'm rather getting tired of having to turn wifi off and back on every time I wake this thing from sleep. They needed to be on that today.

jrohland

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
So my Bluetooth disconnect/reconnect was not fixed with the firmware. I removed the BT device. Then re-paired it and the problem appears to have stopped. Admittedly, I had not tried that before the FW update.

mozman68

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
Everything started up and worked perfectly for me this morning. I personally wasn't THAT much bothered by the WiFi bug, but being new to Windows 8 and instant on, waiting less than 10 seconds for a restart was fine for me knowing it would be fixed.

mrZoSo

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I haven't received the updates yet either, but I did find this at the MS forums.
The following updates will be listed as ?System Firmware Update ? 7/8/2014? within the Windows Update History.

? Surface Pro Embedded Controller Firmware (v.38.2.50.0) reducing power consumption, and enhancing system stability.
? Surface Pro System Aggregator Firmware (v. 3.8.250.0) enhancing battery life, and increasing efficiency and reliability in low power states.
? Surface Type Cover Firmware Update (v. 2.0.1021.0) improving trackpad reliability and system stability.
? Surface Accessory Device (v. 2.0.1012.0) helping the on screen keyboard (OSK) appear and disappear at the correct times.
? Wireless Network Controller and Bluetooth (v. 15.68.3042.79) enhancing system stability, reducing power consumption in low power states, and improving some WiFi connection scenarios. We will also issue an update on Wednesday, July 16, to further improve WiFi connection and throughput scenarios.

Note When Surface updates are provided via the Windows Update service, they are delivered in stages to Surface customers. As a result, not every Surface will receive the update at the same time, but the update will be delivered to all devices. If you have not received the update then please manually check Windows Update later.

jrohland

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
I'm completely new to windows 8 as well. How long does it usually take for these updates to push out?
Long press the Windows button on your desktop (or hold the stylus on it and tap the upper mouse button). Open Control Panel. Open Windows Update. Tap Check for updates in the upper-left corner of the Windows Update dialog box. See if you have any updates to install.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte