Microsoft Extended Warranty- vs -SquareTrade Accedetnal Damage Warranty for SP3

viciouzone

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
I am trying to decide between getting a Microsoft Extended 2 Year Warranty with ADH or Getting the SquareTrade 2 Year Warranty with ADH.

My thoughts on both programs:
-SquareTrade is $129 and offers up to $999 reimbursement with a discount code and has everything Microsoft offers without the deductible.

-Microsoft is the manufacturer and could replace the item quickly if broken easily.

I want to know your opinions on this before I make my choice.
Thanks!

kcaneiro

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I have been using the Microsoft Extended Warranty since the original Surface RT. I have had no problems with the Microsoft Store - which is in my area. I have also been able to swap a bad power adapter using the Web based self-service. I would just go with the Microsoft version - my opinion - because I have never used Square Trade.

viciouzone

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
I have been using the Microsoft Extended Warranty since the original Surface RT. I have had no problems with the Microsoft Store - which is in my area. I have also been able to swap a bad power adapter using the Web based self-service. I would just go with the Microsoft version - my opinion - because I have never used Square Trade.

Im curious, how easy is it to deal with Microsoft for cosmetic issues or for a damaged device with the added warranty?

jonty12

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Coupon code
Coupon code for 35% off XV7297TYE
I just used this code^

Are you considering the SquareTrade? If so why did you choose them over the Microsoft Extended?

I wasn't considering it until you posted this thread ;) Now I'm considering it - specifically because of the deductible difference and I have three young kids who will undoubtedly drop my SP. That being said, there's an MS store 15 minutes from my house, so the convenience of exchanging there may outweigh the deductible.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos