Hi, New to the forum, Windows 8 and the Surface Pro 3. Picked up my Surface Pro 3 just before the 4th of July and am really liking it! As said, I'm new to Windows 8 but am actually finding it enjoyable. I like the touch functionality of the Metro UI, but like still having the Desktop availability too (I'm not finding the two "modes" too difficult to navigate). But I have had one glitch that I'm trying to figure out. This may be more of a Windows 8.1 question, but I thought I'd post it here since I don't know if it could be Surface Pro 3 related.

The graphics for the default sources in the Bing News Metro UI app have disappeared. I had the Bing News and Bing Finance apps freeze on me last week. They seemed to recover but when I had control back, the graphics for the default sources in the News app (ABC News, NYT, Reuters, etc.) were gone. The touch link box and text are still there, and the links function, but the graphics are missing (just plain white boxes now). The featured source graphics are also gone from the swipe down menu in the News app (just gray rectangles now). I've loaded the updates, restarted and tried deleting and re-selecting these sources, but nothing seems to bring the graphics back. In terms of overall functionality, it's not a huge deal - the links still work, but it's just one of those things where it would be nice to have everything "look" right.

Has anyone heard or experienced this before, and was there a way to correct it. Again, maybe this is not specific to the Surface Pro 3, but it's the only Windows 8 device I have experience with! Thanks.
    07-13-2014 12:52 AM
    Why don't you reinstall the app? Also, if you have a Windows Phone, try linking the app to your Microsoft Account on both hone and Surface, and see if the problem arises on your phone as well.
    07-13-2014 01:58 AM
    I'm having that problem as well sometimes on SP1, not sure what triggers it but it comes back after a few times using the app (not sure what brings them back either). I have noticed this since I've started using a second monitor around February but I'm not sure if that isn't just a coincidence.
    In summary - I would just try to continue using the app and they should eventually come back
    07-13-2014 09:46 AM
    QuentinJ - you were right. All the graphics are back in my Bing News app. i didn't reinstall it, but have received all of the recent updates (don't know if that had anything to do with it).
    07-18-2014 12:06 AM