Surface pro 3 USB Recovery Image Needed

infinity11

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
I recently had to refresh my SP3 however, during the process it froze so I turned it off and now it won't boot. I try to use my USB recovery but the file apparently has errors.. Now I'm stuck. If anyone can create a USB recovery image for the sp3 128gb 4gb ram 64bit , I would really appreciate it. Hope someone can help.

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

infinity11

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
My SP3 worked out in the end. I ended up buying a copy of windows 8.1 pro for couple hundred bucks via MS Store online and manually installed the drivers. Everything works fine for except I can't get the type cover fw driver to install. but the type cover works . The cursor disappears when it comes out of sleep.... A bit annoying but can live with it.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I would take it to the MS Store for them to redo the OS for you.

Sent from my Surface with Windows 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Phoenix Nguyen

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
Hi Infinit11,

I was wondering if you ever managed to get a USB Recovery Image for the Surface 3. I'm desperately in need of one as well.

I recently had to refresh my SP3 however, during the process it froze so I turned it off and now it won't boot. I try to use my USB recovery but the file apparently has errors.. Now I'm stuck. If anyone can create a USB recovery image for the sp3 128gb 4gb ram 64bit , I would really appreciate it. Hope someone can help.

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

kevintm

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
As long as you have the serial number for your SP3, you can download the recovery image from microsoft support. I can't post the link but here is the text for the link:
"microsoft.com/surface/en-us/support/warranty-service-and-recovery/downloadablerecoveryimage?productId=100411422"

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss