Can't Add a Wireless Display?

AustinSpartan

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
I'm trying to use my new SP3 to wirelessly display on my Samsung TV. When I go to devices->Project, I can see the options to extend my desktop, but no option to add a wireless display. Those of you that have used Miracast with the SP3, how did you connect to the TV?

I am able to see the TV for playback, and this is detected automatically, but not for screen replication.

jrohland

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Search Devices and Printers. Open Devices and Printers. Is your Miracast receiver (which could be integrated in your TV) shown in the Devices list? If not, tap Add a device on the tool bar. Does the Miracast device show up? If so, add it. If not, find out why. Maybe your TV doesn't have Miracast or, maybe it needs to be turned on in the TV menus.

Once you have the Miracast device listed, to use it, slide in the Charms, tap Devices, Tap Project. The Mircast should be an option there. Tap it.

Pyro515

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Also, another thing to look for, have you installed any third part VPN software? When I installed my company's VPN it made changes to my network stack and I lost the ability to Add a wireless display. If you have, post back here and I'll explain what I had to do to get it back running.

Mike

AustinSpartan

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
I didn't install any VPN software, but I did install VirtualBox, which in turn installs some new network adapters. Perhaps this has caused my issue?

What steps did you take to get back your ability to add a wireless display?

antsmarchin

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Under the charms menu -> project, you should be able see an option under second screen that says Add a wireless display (see image). That's where I'm able to add my TV as screen mirroringScreenshot (4).jpg.

Another thing about your TV, make sure you do the software updates (like keep checking until there are no more updates appearing). I had a heck of a time connecting the first time, but after doing the update make it 1000000000 times better. Good luck!

Pyro515

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
I didn't install any VPN software, but I did install VirtualBox, which in turn installs some new network adapters. Perhaps this has caused my issue?

What steps did you take to get back your ability to add a wireless display?

Austin,

I attached a PDF of an OneNote page that I stashed away for when I need to go back to my company's VPN. I hope it helps. If you need any more info, let me know.

Mike

Attachments

• Fix Wireless Display Issue.pdf
    282.8 KB · Views: 328

Gunbust3r

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the tip Pyro515.

I installed the legacy Cisco VPN client and was going up the wall to figure out why miracast stopped working and the menu was gone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire