Headphone Port Adapter/Pin-Out

CapnPauly

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,
I received my Surface Pro 3 for work a couple of weeks ago and have (finally) moved everything I need to it and am using it as my primary work computer. The issue (or question) I have is in regards to the single Stereo Input/Output port. I have a nice headset that has the headphone and mic as separate, stereo plugs (yes, the Mic is stereo due to the noise canceling).

Does anyone know the pin-out for the Surface Pro 3, or better yet, does anyone know of an adapter that will allow me to plug both my headphones and mic into the Surface and function properly? Again, the mic has a stereo plug, so I'd want to keep that functionality.

Thanks in advance!

CapnPauly

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Maybe. I actually did find that one and considered it, but it is only four conductor. I would think that I would need a five conductor if I wanted to keep the mic functioning the same way, right? But I cannot seem to find anything in a five conductor. :( Additionally I don't even know if the Surface can handle a five-conductor plug.

I may end up just buying that (or one like it) and give her a whirl if there are no other suggestions.

Thanks for the reply!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro