Trade in laptop for SP3?

Radecho007

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone traded in their laptop for a SP3 and are happy? My biggest concern is the lack of space, my laptop has 512gb and also only one usb port on the surface pro vs 4 on the laptop. It's an HP TouchSmart Ultrabook but the screen is crappy and I want something even more portable with more battery life.

cj-m

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
There are two additional suggestions - the docking bay for the SP3 which has additional usb ports and if you have a Office 365 account, then you get 1TB OneDrive space as well.

Bkr11

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
FWIW I am trading in my employer-issued laptop for a SP3. I need to compromise in that I need to connect to the corporate network by VDI, but the functionality of the SP3 while I'm in the field meeting w/ clients and/or prospects as well as the penning on PDF's & OneNote make it completely worth it to me. My minor quibble is the sensitivity of the touchpad while I'm typing on the keyboard. Occasionally my palm will presumably hit the touchpad, cause me to highlight some text, and my next keystroke deletes my text (this happens to me most often in OneNote). Can be fixed with undo easily, but still something I do somewhat regularly.

I have no qualms with the trade I made.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I traded in my SP1, a 17" laptop, and a 11.6" netbook for my SP3. I hadn't used the laptop or netbook in months so losing them was no big deal. Yes, the touch pad can be a little sensitive, but I've always had that problem even with my 17" laptop.

My SP1 actually replaced the 17" laptop and a Galaxy Note 10.1. The type cover from my SP1 was really sensitive too and it was sometimes annoying typing away and the cursor is now somewhere else in the document. All-in-all I am very happy with my SP3.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett