Good Dual Monitors for SP3

boo516

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, I wanted to know if anyone knows any moitors that work well with SP3 and will work with its limitations in ports. I want 2 identical monitors because that's the way my setup at work is as is the standard in most banking jobs. At work I use 2 samsung Syncmaster s22B420 and they are great but I can't use them because the SP3 doesn't have 2 ports. Does anyone know or own a set of monitors that work?

miarkus

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
You can try Nec or other usb monitors with displaylink. It's a very mature technology and works very well. I've been using it successfully at work and can't complain about performance issues.

miarkus

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
Try aoc e2251fwu or else there's a thread on wpc re display port 2 vga/hdmi adapter that might be a good solution as well

Cleavitt76

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Is there something that splits the minidisplay port to 2 hdmi or 2 dvi?

Yes. It's called a DisplayPort MST hub.

DisplayPort - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I can't vouch for this product because unlike the other two I haven't used this one. The reviews range from "it works great" to "it's garbage." Some people seemed to have luck after updating to the latest video drivers. Read the reviews carefully and decide for yourself. It's worth noting that all of the reviewers were using SP2 which has DisplayPort version 1.1a. Version 1.1a does not support MST hubs so it's not surprising that many of them had issues. SP3 has DisplayPort version 1.2 which does support MST hubs. In theory it should work.

Amazon.com: Accell K088B-003B Mini DisplayPort 1.2 to 3 DisplayPort Multi-Display MST Hub: Electronics

boo516

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Thanks I'm gonna test one out. I did speak to surface support team and they said that when using the dock, the mini display port on the device isn't blocked and the one on dock so he recommended me to just run 2 hdmi (one from dock, one from SP3) to 2 monitors. I don't know if that is possibe and how awkward that would be.

nuprotocol

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
Something's getting lost in translation here... Why else do you think nuprotocol asked you about it if not for your own comment above?

Thanks. I was on my phone and couldn't quote. His comment is exactly why I asked him. I thought maybe it was released early somewhere.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss