Is Bluestacks on SP3 useful/necessary?

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
People often complain that the Windows Store is lacking key apps. So I downloaded Bluestacks to give it a try and find some apps that are apparently "missing". Have you guys downloaded Bluestacks, and do you find any use with it?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't really see a need for phone apps on a full-on computer at times, but that's just me.
Tried it on my Venue, but it had this weird orientation issue.

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I don't really see a need for phone apps on a full-on computer at times, but that's just me.
Tried it on my Venue, but it had this weird orientation issue.

I feel like it would be better if there was an app in the Windows Store for Bluestacks that only runs on x86 systems

swingbeat1990

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
People often complain that the Windows Store is lacking key apps. So I downloaded Bluestacks to give it a try and find some apps that are apparently "missing". Have you guys downloaded Bluestacks, and do you find any use with it?

I downloaded it the other day on my i3. For some reason, I then experienced all sort of problems (IE randomly crashing just for starters). Up until the download, my machine had been working really well. I've since uninstalled it. I did a few updates today and so I may try again.

jlinz

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
Are you having issues shutting down the DuOS application? It always locks up and hangs whenever I try to exit?

I've been running DuOS for two weeks without incident. The only thing issue I've noticed is that it hides my metro IE tile everytime I start it. Kind of annoying, but otherwise it works flawlessly for me.

AustinSpartan

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
What did I do with Bluestacks? I installed Nova Launcher and tried to use it like a standard Android UI. It was horribly laggy and nearly unusable. DuOS has a much snappier feel to it, though still not reflective of a true Android device.

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site

I tried Bluestacks on my SP2 and it was messy and actually caused me to have to rebuild it. Don't laugh, the only app I really miss is WarGames WOPR. Oh, and I still like the official Feedly app more than the good but dull NextGen reader.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium