8/19/14 System Firmware Update

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
scared me when I did the system firmware update when I first bought my SP3 (Aug 15) it turned off and didn't really seem to do anything for a while.

Held the power button for a long time and then back on again, but stuck on this updating firmware screen for quite a while. And again on 2nd reboot... Not sure if that's normal but I found it a weird experience.

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
scared me when I did the system firmware update when I first bought my SP3 (Aug 15) it turned off and didn't really seem to do anything for a while.

Held the power button for a long time and then back on again, but stuck on this updating firmware screen for quite a while. And again on 2nd reboot... Not sure if that's normal but I found it a weird experience.
What you did is a great way to trash the machine a couple days after purchase. Firmware updates do turn the screen on and off a couple times and can take a while. For whatever reason it can also take longer on some machines than others. Interrupting a firmware update can leave a machine in an unusable and irrecoverable state.

Adam_ation

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site

Wow, i would be scared if i were you aswell knowing that i was going to be rebooting like a maniac during a firmware update. If you want to ruin any device , rebooting during firmware update is a great russian roulette method of going about it - Adam

nrnw

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
following the 19-Aug firmware update, my SP3 is running much higher CPU and getting hot and the fans kicks in a lot...anyone else seeing issues after the 19-Aug firmware update? Getting frustrated now with these updates that break things that were working fine before

Danielo290881

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
following the 19-Aug firmware update, my SP3 is running much higher CPU and getting hot and the fans kicks in a lot...anyone else seeing issues after the 19-Aug firmware update? Getting frustrated now with these updates that break things that were working fine before

I am frustrated, too and I am having same problem, too. I have also noticed that since the last firmware update in mid-August, the CPU is very busy in Connected Standby. The result is that I see the CPU information in slleepstudy what causes me to lose about 11 percent of battery in an hour.

sleepstudy.PNG

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb