Windows Store App Updates

spasell

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
This might seem like a really silly question, but given I am new using Windows (again) and haven't really used the store that much, I'm curious how apps are updated through the store. In Android, you get a little icon that tells you. In iOS, you get the notification icon in the App Store. What about Windows store?

I read that OneNote app was updated for Windows but don't know how to check it...is it auto updated?

Nokia5110

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
This might seem like a really silly question, but given I am new using Windows (again) and haven't really used the store that much, I'm curious how apps are updated through the store. In Android, you get a little icon that tells you. In iOS, you get the notification icon in the App Store. What about Windows store?

I read that OneNote app was updated for Windows but don't know how to check it...is it auto updated?
Windows, auto update.

Last edited:

Luke Praeuner

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Apps update by themselves, but sometimes take a while (day at most) to realize that there is one. If you know of an update, such as todays OneNote, and want to get it right away; go into the store, open charms, settings, then app updates. From there you can press check for updates.

vlad0

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
You can still manually check if you have updates .. I am still not sure how Windows does it.. once per 24hrs maybe ? I dunno.

But if you

open store - charms - settings - app updates - check for updates

you can see if there are any updates that the auto system hasn't installed yet.

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
I see what you mean. But what I meant is that when an update is available my phone takes it straight away. I have no idea what the update was for. It I set it to manual I can see what the update is for. Just me being o.c.d with it 😊

RajeevT

May 3, 2014
Visit site
But what I meant is that when an update is available my phone takes it straight away. I have no idea what the update was for. It I set it to manual I can see what the update is for. Just me being o.c.d with it 😊

Sadly most developers completely omit proper change logs or just add a perfunctory "fixes and enhancements" line as if they're doing us a big favour.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb