Will not charge to 100%

Beach_man

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I got my SP3 i5/128 on august 28 (Release day here in Sweden).

I'm not able to charge the battery to 100%, when the battery charge is around 74-79% it stops charging. If I hover the battery indicator it says " 75% left (Plugged in not charging)".

I have completely drained the battery 2 times with no success. I have tried resetting and reinstall windows with no success. All windows update is installed including August firmware.

One strange thing I have noticed is when I run powercfg /batteryreport, there is no Capacity figures(Se pic), is this normal!?

Have anyone else have this problem? Is it a hardware problem or a software glitch?

BatteryReport.jpg

bulls96

Jun 25, 2007
Visit site
I don't think u should drain it and let it shut down. Nevertheless, something may be wrong w your battery.
Sent from my Lumia Icon using Tapatalk

Beach_man

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
I don't think u should drain it and let it shut down. Nevertheless, something may be wrong w your battery.
Sent from my Lumia Icon using Tapatalk

I think it should be safe to drain the battery since Windows will shut down if it is reaching below 5%!? The reason I did so was that I was thinking it would recalibrate the battery.

I guess I have to send it back for repair then!? That sucks, besides the battery charge issue I really love this awesome machine...

Aeons

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
Just checked my battery report and all looks good for me. I DO see values for the Design/Fuel Charge Capacity mWh on my SP3

Guessing you should replace your unit.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I think it should be safe to drain the battery since Windows will shut down if it is reaching below 5%!? The reason I did so was that I was thinking it would recalibrate the battery.
This was going to be my first suggestion, before finishing reading your post and seeing that you've tried it. Since you have, I have no suggestions. Sorry. :straight:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99