"Send To OneNote 2013" has no response

Tsang Fai

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
I love using OneNote 2013 and I particularly like the "Send to OneNote 2013" feature.

Recently I found that the printer "Send to OneNote 2013" has no response - OneNote 2013 is not triggered, nothing happens.

Restart does not help.
Reinstallation of Office 2013 does not help.
Reinstallation of Windows 8 and then Office 2013 does solve the problem, but after several days, the problem appears again.
Have tried reinstallation of Windows 8 & Office 2013, and disabled Windows update and Office update, but still, after several days, the problem comes out again.

Have googled this and I know I am not the only one suffering from this strange problem. I haven't found any workable solutions (other than reinstallation of Windows!!!).

Anyone experiencing the problem? How to solve it?

Loco5150

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
You need to have the OneNote app (modern) installed from the store. It sends it to that, not the desktop's Office 2013 OneNote.

EDIT: sorry read this o nthe move, thought your problem is related to "share to OneNote function".

Last edited:

Tsang Fai

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
View attachment 79984

Do you have the "Send to OneNote" applet(?) enabled? See screen shot.

I had that "Send to OneNote" small dialog box before the problem appeared and "Send to OneNote 2013" printer worked as expected. But after using my sp/sp3 for about one week, "Send to OneNote 2013" printer just had no response at all.

This matter has been a headache for me recently. I got the problem in my Surface Pro & Surface Pro 3. I did try to make a clean re-installation of Windows 8 & Office 2013 (plus some basic software like Adobe Acrobat, KMPlayer, 7zip, etc). It seems that this problem arose suddenly, even if I disabled Windows Update & Office Update.

I believe I am not the only one suffering from this, right?

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
It's possible one of the other apps are interfering with the process. Other than Adobe Acrobat, did any of the other programs you installed have an associated software "printer"? And as far as Acrobat, it is possible that Adobe PDF is interfering with it.

Tsang Fai

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
It's possible one of the other apps are interfering with the process. Other than Adobe Acrobat, did any of the other programs you installed have an associated software "printer"? And as far as Acrobat, it is possible that Adobe PDF is interfering with it.

I did have Adobe Acrobat XI (Acrobat, the pdf writer but not the Reader) installed previously. Right after the installation of Acrobat, "Send to OneNote 2013" worked but later, suddenly, had no response.

Other than Adobe Acrobat, I did not have any software with an associated virtual printer. I think what you mention may be correct. Now I do not have Acrobat installed and see if there will be problem. If the problem does not come out in the coming weeks, I guess the problem is due to interference from Acrobat. But anyway, the problem is quite strange, it just comes out all of a sudden, instead of right after installation of a certain software.

Will update my situation here.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
What happens when you turn on the send to OneNote app? It should work, if it isn't running it won't work (just a hunch)

Tsang Fai

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
What happens when you turn on the send to OneNote app? It should work, if it isn't running it won't work (just a hunch)

When my problem happens, "Send to OneNote 2013" has no response even if I open the "Send to OneNote" window.
But before the problem comes out, "Send to OneNote 2013" just works even if "Send to OneNote" window is closed.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I am not sure what to say, maybe another program is blocking send to one note (anti-virus, acobat)?

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I'm stumped too. The only thing I can think of is it is the virtual printer that installs with Acrobat. Though rdubmu brings up a good point. Are you running a third party AV program? I have Acrobat Pro and Office 2013 installed, but I am not running a third part AV program. I don't know how that would be the problem though.

The only theory I can come up with was that when you installed Acrobat Pro, the installation of the Adobe PDF virtual printer corrupted the Sent to OneNote virtual printer.

Instead of using the "send to" option, try printing directly to OneNote and see what happens.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs