Custom Handmade SP3 Cover

z8er

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Hey Guys,

I was just recently visiting family in Missouri and my Sister, who has been getting into leather working, was awesome enough to make me this one of a kind hand stitched leather cover for my Surface Pro 3. Just thought I'd show it off a little. Thanks for looking! :D

SP3_COVER_001.jpgSP3_COVER_002.jpgSP3_COVER_003.jpgSP3_COVER_004.jpgSP3_COVER_005.jpgSP3_COVER_006.jpgSP3_COVER_007.jpg

RajeevT

May 3, 2014
Visit site
The tanning looks a little too blotchy for my taste but the stitching, branding and just the general look are first class. Is the inside suede? I'd definitely pay for one of these. Pass on my compliments to your sister for doing a great job. :)

z8er

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
The tanning looks a little too blotchy for my taste but the stitching, branding and just the general look are first class. Is the inside suede? I'd definitely pay for one of these. Pass on my compliments to your sister for doing a great job. :)

Thanks! Yea, I wanted more of a worn rustic look out of it I guess. The inside is actually a type of softer pig skin leather. I'll let her know you guys like it! ;)

z8er

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm in UK. Pm me if u could ask your sister to make and ship one to me for a reasonable cost.

PM Sent!

Also, just our of curiosity, would anybody else be interested in purchasing one of these? And if so, how much would you be willing to spend. An honest answer is appreciated, she's not looking to rip anybody off. Thanks!

swingbeat1990

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
PM Sent!

Also, just our of curiosity, would anybody else be interested in purchasing one of these? And if so, how much would you be willing to spend. An honest answer is appreciated, she's not looking to rip anybody off. Thanks!

Hmm.. I must say, I'm REALLY tempted. I like it a lot!

In terms of price, how about 20 bucks?

mozman68

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
She should really just take the material cost plus a reasonable rate for her time based on how long it took to make and at a minimum double that number. Throw it out there and see what happens.

z8er

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Haha..Sorry. Clearly, I have no clue what the appropriate price should be.

What do you think?

She should really just take the material cost plus a reasonable rate for her time based on how long it took to make and at a minimum double that number. Throw it out there and see what happens.

Ok yes, I agree. The cost for materials was around 60$. I'd say she spent around 10 hours on it at least. So if you say maybe 10$ an hour, plus materials. That's $160. So would you guys spend somewhere between 150$-200$ on a cover for you surface? Also, keep in mind there are cheaper options for the leather and lining. I wanted the custom stamp which takes a thicker harder piece of leather, which was pretty expensive. What do you guys think?

onysi

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
tell her to start an Ebay Store. That is a beautiful portrait cover. I love portrait covers, and that is just perfect. We even have the same Red type cover so I can imagine me owning that.

dkediger

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
A Pen Holder! Yeah, I was going to say for a quality, handcrafted, leather item around $175 - $200. I think a flap with a long strap and snap or just a tab to slide through would be sharp.

z8er

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
tell her to start an Ebay Store. That is a beautiful portrait cover. I love portrait covers, and that is just perfect. We even have the same Red type cover so I can imagine me owning that.

Thanks! Yea, she has actually just started an Etsy store, but there's no surface covers for sale on there yet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos