Docking Station Resolution Changes

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
I know there will be some resolution changes when docking and un docking but it seems like I need to reboot after undocking to get it to look like it was before docked. Is this normal or is there a setting I can set?

Thanks..

astondg

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I know there will be some resolution changes when docking and un docking but it seems like I need to reboot after undocking to get it to look like it was before docked. Is this normal or is there a setting I can set?

Thanks..

You don't need to reboot but you do need to log out and back in. All Modern/Metro apps should be fine across the transition but the desktop has scaling issues. Microsoft has said in the past that there is no easy way around this for them so I'm not holding much hope for a solution but I do find it immensely annoying.

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
You don't need to reboot but you do need to log out and back in. All Modern/Metro apps should be fine across the transition but the desktop has scaling issues. Microsoft has said in the past that there is no easy way around this for them so I'm not holding much hope for a solution but I do find it immensely annoying.

Thanks... this Is a good tip... less of a pain to reboot though... :)

Racheya

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Yes this sort of thing happens with our Windows 8 laptops at work all the time, you end up with comedically huge icons on the second monitor and teeny tiny text on the laptop. Just got a dock for my SP3 and unfortunately it is the same :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo