My Surface is scratched :(

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I just bought the black brushed aluminum skin (back only) to hide my scratches. I'm looking forward to its Stormtrooper look. Then BAM! bright cyan type cover.

bassoprofundo

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
According to some post on another site the edge swiping is fully functional with the skin installed for the front of the device.

Update from my side... I ordered and installed the Stickerboy black leather skin on my sp2 the other day, and I love it. It covers most of the imperfections and feels great. I didn't install the screen one because I like the look as-is. I'll try and capture some pics of the install and upload them.

enthuz

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I purchased a skin kit from stickerboy.net. Really, really happy with it. Adds pretty much nothing to the size and provides protection from the type of scratching you have. They sell many varieties to please most people. I have the black leather. I got the kit with all of them as I wanted the bottom of my type cover to match. I didn't install the screen cover or the bits for the top of the type cover.

Sometimes when I take it into a meeting people are amazed when I open it up to use as they thought it was a paper notepad in a leather case.

What is the direct link for this particular skin? Also does it feel and really look like leather or are people just easily fooled?

bassoprofundo

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
What is the direct link for this particular skin? Also does it feel and really look like leather or are people just easily fooled?
Stickerboy ?€” Black Leather - Microsoft Surface Pro Skins

Here are a few quick pics of mine. I think the look and feel are definitely good enough to cause a double-take from folks picking it up. I'm not sure any techie worth his/her salt would really think you have a leatherbound tablet, though, but I don't think that's due to the quality of the skin.

WP_20141013_10_44_59_Pro (Large).jpgWP_20141013_10_37_37_Pro (Large).jpgWP_20141013_10_37_18_Pro (Large).jpg

enthuz

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Wow! That made me take a second look too. Since mine is coming with a black keyboard, I think I'm sold on the black leather too. You did a great job of putting that skin on. It looks as if it came with it. Thanks for the link.

bassoprofundo

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
They have a video tutorial online with a few tips, so give it a watch first if you decide to go with one of these. I don't consider myself a particularly steady hand, and this one was a snap.

BaritoneGuy

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
They have a video tutorial online with a few tips, so give it a watch first if you decide to go with one of these. I don't consider myself a particularly steady hand, and this one was a snap.

Thanks for responding with the link. I also recommend watching the videos before applying. I also agree that not many would really think it was leather although I have had several folks not realize that was a tablet and not a paper notepad inside a folio.

onlysublime

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
I love skins. I normally like my devices clean but my Surface RT and Surface Pro 2 are all scratched up.

The pictures are grainy because of low-light situation.

Here's my Surface RT:

wg4Q6Tw.jpg

vht4wSO.jpg

Mohawkandbluey

Dec 12, 2018
Visit site
One week and I already have loads of scratches on the back of the surface. This is not good for a premium device. Is there a way to remove / hide them?
View attachment 80943View attachment 80944View attachment 80945

Hey Jordan,
I actually have the same problem as you do. I have my surface go that is a little over a week old but is scratched up. I use it to type word documents out for social studies. I found that my surface was sensitive to minacular rocks that occasionally scrape my Surface. I find that probably the best choice is to get a sleeve. Putting it right away after you use it instead of the desk. I didn't had a sleeve as well thus making visible scratches under my surface. Maybe sticking a skin on might help but personally, keeping it inside a sleeve is a great choice.
Merry Christmas,
Benjamin,

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss