and who was saying that the surface pro 3 is overpriced ?

zlos7ar

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys I was just looking at some tech websites and then i saw it

the iphone 6 plus 128gb = 999 euro
surface pro 3 128gb = 999 euro

LOL !!!!!!!!

so let's compare some specs:

processor: Intel? Core? i5-4300U --- A8 Chip mit 64-Bit Architecture M8 Motion Coprocessor (fancy name apple style)
hard drive: 128gb --- 128gb
display size : 12'' --- 5.5'''
display resolution -
2.160 x 1.440 --- 1.080 x 1.920
ram: 4gb --- unknown (1gb ?)
cameras 5mp+5mp= 10mp --- 8mp+1.2mp= 9.2mp

and so on and so on you get the idea..... so who was saying that the surface pro 3 was overpriced ?

Nerdy Woman

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
But I can't make a phone call with a SP3. (whine). LOL Actually, you can. It's called S-k-y-p-e.

But the keyboard is extra. (whine). It's not included with the iPhone either. One key benefit of a separate keyboard is that it is easy to replace. Keyboards take a lot of abuse, especially if you do a lot of typing or get clumsy with the coffee.

Excellent comparison!

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
The iPhone can do so much in such a small package.

I do agree, the iPhone is overpriced by a few hundred dollars.

The 16 gig is priced right, but the extra storage for $100 for each level is almost highway robbery ;)

Sent from my Surface Pro 3 using Tapatalk

astell

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
The iPhone can do so much in such a small package.

I do agree, the iPhone is overpriced by a few hundred dollars.

The 16 gig is priced right, but the extra storage for $100 for each level is almost highway robbery ;)

Sent from my Surface Pro 3 using Tapatalk

I'm not sure I understand the first line of your post........I'm confused because there is very little an iPhone can do that an Android or Windows Phone cannot do and they come in smaller, similar, and larger packages. I guess I'm confused because I'm not sure what the point of the first line actually is.

philhachey

Banned
Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure I understand the first line of your post........I'm confused because there is very little an iPhone can do that an Android or Windows Phone cannot do and they come in smaller, similar, and larger packages. I guess I'm confused because I'm not sure what the point of the first line actually is.

They mean that it is smaller than the surface pro 3(the theme of the post) and it still does enough things for some people. So in this case, both small and large could be an advantage in different subjective use scenarios.

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site

LOL !!!!!!!!

processor: Intel? Core™ i5-4300U --- A8 Chip mit 64-Bit Architecture M8 Motion Coprocessor (fancy name apple style)
display resolution -

and so on and so on you get the idea..... so who was saying that the surface pro 3 was overpriced ?

....and your point is what exactly? I guess that an organic apple costs more than an organic orange? New sub-meter accuracy GPS units still run versions of Windows Mobile embedded (as in 6.X) and will set you back a few thousand dollars. That must mean SP3s are a downright bargain. The point, of course, being there is absolutely no basis for comparison. You might as well say a new Cadillac is the best deal in the automotive industry since it costs about the same as a tiny Porsche or BMW. Throw in whatever mental gymnastics you like and SP3 is still annoyingly and embarrassingly overpriced, regardless of the quality of the device and even more so when you throw in they sell their laptop replacement without a bundled keyboard BTW, I have never owned an Apple product and don't plan on changing that status. This sort of argument though is just too silly even if I don't like the competing products.

exkerZ

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
You make me think. In the U.S. (because I know my currency better lol)
Lumia 635. Made for calling, and still powerful for $130 bucks.
Surface pro 3 i3 version at $799.
Keyboard at $130.
64 gig sd card at probably $35.

About $1110, maybe 1220 with tax.

AND! You still get to browse on the correctly sized display just like the bible actually wants. And thank you God for giving man the ability to tether data out of their phone.
Want to take a selfie? The front camera on the surface pro 3 surpasses the apple front cameras... Is it uncomfortable to selfie it up with a bigger device? Seems kinda fun (specially with groups)

We need to advertise this

Posted via the Windows Phone Central App for Android

Chinocop

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
IMHO, phones are a waste of money. You get a terrible medium to consume media because of the small size of the screen. Yes you get portability, but the small screen size sucks. If you're looking at value, you way overpay for a phone. Better to get something that will save your eyesight and buy last years phone to save you some cash.

radmanvr

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I am not sure what you mean OP. They serve 2 different purposes.

I mean if you compared 2 phones or 2 tablets it would make a lot of sense but this....yeah

maclancer

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
I disagreed with the OP. You can't compare a tablet hybrid like the Surface 3 with the iPhone. The surface 3 compete directly with the Macbook Air, so why not compare the SP to the Air?

astell

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
I think you all missed his point. The iPhone 6 Plus cost the same as a much more powerful device that can do 95%+ of what the iPhone 6 can (minus portability of course). His point is that you are paying a very steep premium for the iPhone 6 Plus because it is an Apple product (nothing new). He was aiming this post at people who claimed the Surface Pro 3 was overpriced for what it is.

exkerZ

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Although to be fair (the most expensive being the iPhone) a lot of phones cost more than pretty powerful computers and laptops. Why is that? Is it really because of the small size and form?

I mean my 3 year windows 7 laptop, 4 gigs ram, Intel pentium clocked at 2.13 GHz processor, 64 bit OS, and 360(g?)gig hard drive was $500 when I bought it
The upgrade to the i3 was almost 100 dollars, I think, but I didn't want it.

A lumia 1520 cost $600(?)

Why must a phone cost almost the same as a full computer....

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site

LOL !!!!!!!!

processor: Intel? Core? i5-4300U --- A8 Chip mit 64-Bit Architecture M8 Motion Coprocessor (fancy name apple style)
display resolution -

Besides Apple's well-known overpricing, you pay more to fit more in a smaller package with technology. Arguably there is a lot of stuff in the new iPhone and arguably it is VERY thin and light. Similar story with the Pro 3 - you can buy an ultrabook for less with the same specs but with the Pro 3 you pay for the ridiculous amount of engineering that has squeezed a fully-fledged laptop into the confines of a tablet chassis thinner than then pen included and more powerful than an iPad. That's my take on it, anyways.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Although to be fair (the most expensive being the iPhone) a lot of phones cost more than pretty powerful computers and laptops. Why is that? Is it really because of the small size and form?

I mean my 3 year windows 7 laptop, 4 gigs ram, Intel pentium clocked at 2.13 GHz processor, 64 bit OS, and 360(g?)gig hard drive was $500 when I bought it
The upgrade to the i3 was almost 100 dollars, I think, but I didn't want it.

A lumia 1520 cost $600(?)

Why must a phone cost almost the same as a full computer....

Phones are still in their prime price points at the moment. The tech is still new and the engineering and design is still costing a lot. It took a long time for the desktop to drop below $1000 and it took a very long time for the laptop to do the same.

Now you can get both laptops and desktops from bargain basement prices to top spec and all run well but you still get limitations of what you can do with a cheap laptop. Though not many.

The smartphone from a hardware/design perspective hasn't leveled off yet. It's close but not quite yet. Apple will probably never drop their prices significantly but as time goes by they'll have a hard time convincing consumers to buy their premium product when there will be other phones and OSs that provide a similar or better experience.

It will be up to the consumer to make the choice and unfortunately there are a lot of uninformed people buying things simply based on appearances. We live in an image first society unfortunately and this is why Apple thrives as it does.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss