Dock with type cover on?

MKairys

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I just noticed in the little booklet that came with the docking station it says Place Surface Pro 3, with or without a Cover, in the Docking Station. And here it actually says You don?t even have to pause to take off the Surface Cover?just put your Surface Pro into the docking station and slide in the sides.

WTF? I don't see how this is possible; the sides won't close and the connector won't engage.

astell

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
You sit the SP3 on the dock, it has a part that is sunk down and close the sides. I don't mean to be rude, but it is rather simple and I've had no problem with mine. Care post some pictures? Might help better understand your issue.

xboxonthego3

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Hmmm. I have used my brother's dock with mine and I have had no trouble either. The keyboard and dock are designed to work together. If you look at the connector of the keyboard it does not extend to the full length of the device. And the dock has a cutout just the right size to fit the keyboard in place. Maybe you should try the keyboard in the angled position. I'm not currently next to the dock. So I can't take pics of the surface + keyboard and dock. Hopefully the other poster can get back to you quickly.

strollin

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
Why are pictures needed? Just put your SP3 in the dock with the keyboard attached and you'll find it fits fine. You can have the keyboard either open or closed, doesn't matter. When open, you can use the keyboard in either its flat or angled position.

When I just want to charge my SP3, I place it in the dock with the cover closed. Then when I want to use it, I just open the cover, turn it on and it's ready to go.

MKairys

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Because I was trying to dock it with the cover on back, not in front closed (want to see monitor) or open (no room in front for keyboard down)

Okay thanks, I get it now 👌

strollin

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
The angle seems right to me, about the same angle that I adjust my laptop's screen angle when using it. However, I don't use the SP3s screen much while it's in the dock since I have an external monitor attached.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb