Miracast onto SP3?

mcheiron

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

I have a strange question. Is it possible to use the SP3 as a display that I can connect to from my phone? Now that all these Miracast dongles popping up, I was just wondering how to connect to the SP3. I tried to connect from the Lumia 930, but the SP3 does not appear in the list of available screens.

Thanks

mcheiron

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
That's what I was fearing. Not that I have seen any laptop or tablet being able to be a receiver, just TVs and bluray players.

Well, just wanted make sure that I didn't miss anything.

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Windows 8.1.1 added the necessary infrastructure to allow programs to enable this. That said, I don't know of any such applications yet, so....

mcheiron

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Windows 8.1.1 added the necessary infrastructure to allow programs to enable this. That said, I don't know of any such applications yet, so....
I haven't heard of that yet. It would be great if MS would release something like that, or anybody else to that extent. Maybe somebody else has heard of an app that does that?

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately, I don't think any OEMs (including Microsoft) have yet taken advantage of the new API to enable the feature.

Very unfortunate, as I love the concept. But despite Microsoft laying the foundation, no one (including them) has built upon it.

Why they didn't go the extra step and just build it into the OS for Miracast-compatible devices is beyond me, but there you go. Maybe Windows 9 will have it bundled from the get-go?

So it's there, but just like MC Hammer: Can't touch this.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05