hello All,

I don't seem to see much complaints about that here but that high resolution thing is more a minus than a bonus for me

since I ve been using the surface, it has been the main issue for me

text is often too small in the windows menus and then when I change the size of text in resolution menu , then I got some issues with the look of some applications...which become hard to use

now about my resolution on the surface, it is the recommended 2160*1440...BUT I tried some others to no avail...

the last issue today : I downloaded MUSIC BEE media player and to my surprise the left panel is so narrow I can barely read the menus...yet that left panel is the main place to use the application. ..

and I cannot make it wider by dragging it with the mouse

how you guys deals with such problem especially on music bee...any advise for good resolution ?

why o why windows even think we need such high resolution to start with is beyond me...

with the dead program Winamp it was even worse...microscopic looking menus...that's the very reason I wanted to try music bee
    10-05-2014 03:12 AM
    why o why windows even think we need such high resolution to start with is beyond me...
    Because most people don't like looking at jagged text. I agree, though, Windows should do a better job of handling high DPI stuff.

Turn off high-DPI in the program's compatibility settings.
    10-05-2014 08:09 AM
    Turn off high-DPI in the program's compatibility settings.
    thanx

YouOU mean in music bee's settings ?

I can't seem to find that specific menu. ..I can't even spot the general settings on the program...
    10-07-2014 10:27 AM
    It is because the App vendor is not properly supporting Hi DPI. They need to update their app to fix it. For example MS Office 2013 looks great on Hi DPI displays. Also any of the Modern apps will look great as well. I would try some more of them.
    10-07-2014 11:12 AM
    hello All,

I don't seem to see much complaints about that here but that high resolution thing is more a minus than a bonus for me

since I ve been using the surface, it has been the main issue for me

text is often too small in the windows menus and then when I change the size of text in resolution menu , then I got some issues with the look of some applications...which become hard to use

now about my resolution on the surface, it is the recommended 2160*1440...BUT I tried some others to no avail...

the last issue today : I downloaded MUSIC BEE media player and to my surprise the left panel is so narrow I can barely read the menus...yet that left panel is the main place to use the application. ..

and I cannot make it wider by dragging it with the mouse

how you guys deals with such problem especially on music bee...any advise for good resolution ?

with the dead program Winamp it was even worse...microscopic looking menus...that's the very reason I wanted to try music bee
    This is not on Microsoft. It is squarely on the developer for not updating the application for high resolution displays. The complaint has existed since the first Apple Retina displays and continued to this day. Adobe, for instance, has still not updated all of its CC applications and their fix was simply to give an option to enlarge the UI by 200%. Even at that it is still classified as experimental and still leaves you with some very small sub menus. For all the talk about High DPI support in Windows, 1) it is already sufficiently implemented and what is happening is refinement, 2) it is meaningless if the developer does not account for high resolution screens when coding their applications. If the application is coded for 1366 X 768 (or something even more conservative) stuff will either display small or look like an image that has been enlarged too much. You need to complain to the developer on this one, not Microsoft.

I must admit though, no offense is intended but I can't really sympathize much with people buying a SP3 and then "finding out" about the issue. It really is very well documented for all high resolution displays and has been known for quite a long time. Display technology has leapfrogged past developers and they are the ones that need to catch up....
    10-07-2014 01:44 PM
    ok stephen i get it

i'm overall happy with the SP3 so i don't regret having bought it at all

it's just that , even you read a lot of review about a specific product (which i did before buying SP3) you just cannot predict your reaction to some issues once you actually experience them

i guess that's why products got bought and sent back as a common protocol...haven't you ever returned a well working electronics, just because you found out it wasn't up to your expectations ?
    10-08-2014 10:00 AM