[SP3] Are there any cases that work with the native kickstand?

xinunix

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I am specifically interested in seeing what people have found out there in regards to clamshell type cases/covers that work with the native kickstand (please don't bother with posting links to sleeves, bags, etc., I have a sleeve I am happy with but looking for a protective case for when the tablet is not in the sleeve). Dropped my SP3 a few weeks back from about 2-3 feet up on a tile floor, it landed on the corner and cracked the screen. Just got my replacement device and am looking for a good case that will provide some protection and works with the native kickstand. Having a hard time really finding anything but surely they are out there and I am just not looking in the right places... I recently ran across the Urban Armor Gear Scout (would post a link but I don't have enough posts yet), looks like exactly what I want except that it has its own kickstand. Would be interested in hearing feedback from anyone that has tried that case out as it is probably the closest to what I am looking for, but most interested in something similar that also works with the native kickstand...

wookiee2cu

Mar 25, 2005
Visit site
This one does (make sure Smart Shell Cover Case) is selected, go to amazon and enter this in the search "MoKo Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Case - Ultra Slim Lightweight Shell Stand Cover Case for Microsoft Surface Pro 3 12 Inch Tablet, BLACK" .I've had it for over a week and really like it. When the Type cover is not attached the magnetic tab will keep the cover closed however when the Type Cover is attached it creates too much of a gap for the magnet to reach but to me it's not really a big deal. It has a slot for the pen clip to side into and the pen is very secure in it.

xinunix

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Awesome, thanks I will check that one out. You think it would have a chance of surviving a drop in that case? That was one thing I liked about the Urban Armor is that thing looks like it would really protect the device...

wookiee2cu

Mar 25, 2005
Visit site
The portion of the case that covers the back seems to be a very durable plastic and it does cover all four corners but if you were to drop it on a corner I think there would still be some flex in the plastic which could possibly result in a cracked screen but I think this applies to most cases out there. There is also the urbanarmorgear cases but they do not have a cover for the screen and it does not use the SP3 kickstand (although the built in kickstand seems to have several viewing angles) which is why I went with the MoKo. The only con is that it does add some bulk and weight to the SP3 but that's the trade off for protection.

day2day

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
This freedomcase does not look like it'll protect it in a fall. Only in regular use and transportation. I think its absolutely brutal that Microsoft refuses to make cases to protect their devices.

alvinwooley

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
Tried the INCIPIO feather but its to bulky. makes it hard to use finger on edges of screen. Also had problems with the USB port being blocked because there wasnt enough space for my device to fit. Has anyone else found a rugged case that works

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2