SP3 and Roku 3 Screen Mirroring :)

laestrella

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
I'm not having such good luck. I have an SP3 and the roku hdmi stick but the screen mirroring keeps disconnecting or doesn't connect at all sometimes. I've only managed to get it working for about 45seconds or 1 minute. Wondering if it's something on my Surface. I tried my Nexus 5 and it works without issue.

strollin

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
I enabled screen mirroring on my Roku, when I try to add the Roku as a device on my SP3, I get a brief message saying "Enter the code shown on the screen" or something similar, then promptly get an error saying the device has stopped waiting. I tried with my laptop and get the "Enter the code shown on the screen" message but there is no code on the screen.

Dumb question time, what screen should the Roku be on in order to do screen mirroring.

raqball

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
I enabled screen mirroring on my Roku, when I try to add the Roku as a device on my SP3, I get a brief message saying "Enter the code shown on the screen" or something similar, then promptly get an error saying the device has stopped waiting. I tried with my laptop and get the "Enter the code shown on the screen" message but there is no code on the screen.

Dumb question time, what screen should the Roku be on in order to do screen mirroring.

Mine did that as well. I never entered a code and it started working..

I just make sure my Roku is at the home screen before starting the mirroring.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
What do you mean by what screen? Also i tried the screen mirroring over the weekend and it asked for the code during setup but within a few seconds it proceeded and installed Roku as a projector and screen mirroring started. Performance is not on par when compared to my Samsung TV which supports Miracast natively but it's just alright. Secondly it seems to be slightly buggy (hence the Beta?) with my MSI running the Intel HD4000, apps seem to crash when mirroring with Roku but they work flawlessly with Miracast natively

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
For those having problems, make sure the update is installed to enable function and then try rebooting the Roku device a couple times. It wouldn't work for me at first but after a couple restarts it now works fine. In fact, so far, it now seems more stable than my Push2TV connection....

nuprotocol

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the tip. It works extremely well. It makes me wonder what more the Microsoft Wireless Adapter will offer over this.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon