Can Anyone Give Me A Quick Fix For This

Azurus

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
I recently got my surface pro 3. Been with me for a week now. I use the surface pen every single day to annotate my lectures. I like to keep my SP3 in a horizontal position on the table without opening the kickstand. I just noticed that a few scratches started appearing on the back of the SP3. I'm assuming its due to the fine dust particles on the surfaces of the tables I use. I try to clean the surfaces as much as I can. Does anyone have a quick fix for this before more scratches appear ???

xboxonthego3

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Buy the type cover if you don't have it already. It protects the screen but also protects the back of the device. What I do I disconnect the type cover flip it around and reattach the type cover so that when I flip the type cover behind the Surface the suave or soft side is now on the bottom so it will be touching the table and not ruining the keys. If you don't want to buy the $129 type cover. Buy yourself some fabric or a place matt from Walmart to put down before the Surface. I have also seen someone else suggest some suave skins that can be attached to the back of the Surface. That would be a better solution than carrying around a place matt. lol

Azurus

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Buy the type cover if you don't have it already. It protects the screen but also protects the back of the device. What I do I disconnect the type cover flip it around and reattach the type cover so that when I flip the type cover behind the Surface the suave or soft side is now on the bottom so it will be touching the table and not ruining the keys. If you don't want to buy the $129 type cover. Buy yourself some fabric or a place matt from Walmart to put down before the Surface. I have also seen someone else suggest some suave skins that can be attached to the back of the Surface. That would be a better solution than carrying around a place matt. lol

I do have the type cover but wouldn't the type cover key board cause friction with the back of the surface itself ? Or is it okay for the keys to be under the surface ?

xboxonthego3

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
You make a good point about the keys against the back of the Surface. I have been using it like that without any scratches on the back since launch. I don't think this would be much of a problem because the keys would not be sliding back and forth against the back of the Surface like the table possibly would. And I would imagine less dirt or particles being on the keyboard. If the keys are good enough to rest on your screen when the cover is shut they should be good enough to rest on the back of your Surface if you think about it. lol. But if you want you can just flip the type cover back without reattaching it and have the keys on the bottom. But I don't prefer this method because of the risk of damaging the cover itself. I had experience with the first cover on the Surface RT with doing this and it caused the cover to peal and open where it connected to the surface after months of use. That's why I suggest flipping it around.

Hope this information is helpful.
Let us know if you have any more questions.

xboxonthego3

Azurus

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
You make a good point about the keys against the back of the Surface. I have been using it like that without any scratches on the back since launch. I don't think this would be much of a problem because the keys would not be sliding back and forth against the back of the Surface like the table possibly would. And I would imagine less dirt or particles being on the keyboard. If the keys are good enough to rest on your screen when the cover is shut they should be good enough to rest on the back of your Surface if you think about it. lol. But if you want you can just flip the type cover back without reattaching it and have the keys on the bottom. But I don't prefer this method because of the risk of damaging the cover itself. I had experience with the first cover on the Surface RT with doing this and it caused the cover to peal and open where it connected to the surface after months of use. That's why I suggest flipping it around.

Hope this information is helpful.
Let us know if you have any more questions.

xboxonthego3

Yeah thinking about it I guess you're right no friction. Should've figured out that by myself from the beginning . Im actually really pissed at how the beautiful kickstand got a few visible scratches/cracks because of that. But whatever, it will survive :p
Thanks alot for the tip, no more scratches for me :D

andreqms

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I bought a TechSkin for my Surface Pro 3 on Skinomi website. I got a scratch while I was applying the screen filter that comes in the bundle. After the application, I can put my Surface everywhere without thinking about it.

I have to say here that I was not able to apply the filter screen correctly and I ended up losing it. It is not that hard, I just couldn't. I bought another one. I managed to apply the other parts correctly. But you won't regret buying the TechSkin. I got the transparent one, but they have another options.

Bill Mitchell

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
Who cares about a few scratches on the back. This is a workhorse. So long as the screen isn't scratched don't sweat it. If it does bother you that much you can flip the keyboard around and reattach it see the felt side is down.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720