Hello,
    I'm wanting to get a Surface Pro 3, but I'm not sure if I should wait until the holiday specials time. Do you remember if they had a sale on the SP2 last year around the holidays? I know have specials out on the last years model, but I'm looking for the 3.
    It appears MS seems to kinda lock down the pricing so that most places are around the same price for the newest Surface they have out. Does anyone have any thoughts on if I should wait?

Thanks!
    10-14-2014 12:49 PM
    If you are in the states, use a student/teacher discount to get it $150-off. Even if you're not a student or teacher, I'm sure you know one willing to go to the store for you.
    Edit: Remember, the Microsoft Store will also take trade-ins of old hardware. Even macs!
    10-14-2014 01:41 PM
    Hello -- Unfortunately, I don't have a MS store - Up in Alaska. I'd rather not get someone else involved with my purchasing anyways. That's why I was hoping that there were specials on the newest surface during the holiday seasons.
    10-14-2014 03:25 PM
    Hello -- Unfortunately, I don't have a MS store - Up in Alaska. I'd rather not get someone else involved with my purchasing anyways. That's why I was hoping that there were specials on the newest surface during the holiday seasons.
    There most likely will be some form of sale anyway
    10-14-2014 03:35 PM
    I just picked up my surface pro 3 from staples. They have 20% off all laptops and tablet. Got it for 799 plus tax.
    Trent Vann likes this.
    10-14-2014 11:28 PM
    I looked on the website, they don't have the surface listed with the discount. Did you pick it up in the store?
    10-14-2014 11:37 PM
    I just picked up my surface pro 3 from staples. They have 20% off all laptops and tablet. Got it for 799 plus tax.
    Which model?
    10-15-2014 09:32 AM
    Hello,
    I'm wanting to get a Surface Pro 3, but I'm not sure if I should wait until the holiday specials time. Do you remember if they had a sale on the SP2 last year around the holidays? I know have specials out on the last years model, but I'm looking for the 3.
    It appears MS seems to kinda lock down the pricing so that most places are around the same price for the newest Surface they have out. Does anyone have any thoughts on if I should wait?

Thanks!
    If you want to buy from the MS Store or most vendors, you can purchase now or pay the same price later or wait even longer and get a discount if/when they release a new model. It is up to you. Holiday specials on SP device simply have not happened. If you are a student of educator you can get a discount through the MS Store; otherwise discounts (or discount codes) are probably less common than bigfoot sightings.

Staples, however, does have occasional discounts and they are sloppy at times when it comes to exclusions. The point being I expect they should not offer discounts on SP either but don't always set up their coupons/codes such that their system sees the difference. Best Buy almost always just follows Microsoft's pricing and does silly value added stuff as enticements instead of discounts. Other than the fact they offer the power supply cheaper, even Walmart sticks to Microsoft's pricing. Costco may also offer a discount but they only sell one model and its members only. I cancelled my membership years ago so I haven't a clue as to actual pricing....
    Last edited by stephen_az; 10-15-2014 at 12:26 PM.
    10-15-2014 12:15 PM
    FWIW, Staples does have the SP3 64GB for $799 + 20% Off. Check their weekly ad here: staples.shoplocal.com/staplessd/weeklyad
    10-17-2014 02:12 AM
    And 20% off also applies to type cover. i3 is $640 only which is sufficient for me (2nd 64GB microSD card is about $35 so great deal). Deal expires tomorrow.
    10-17-2014 02:43 PM