Is there a Turkish type cover for the Surface Pro 3?

kaantantr

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
Turkish type cover for Surface Pro 3

Hey guys, I hope I can get some answers about this thing bothering me. I am from Turkey and have used a Turkish type cover since I was 3, which is more than 15 years now. But now, I'm living in Austria for college and I am planning to buy myself a Surface Pro 3 here. But, well, since every country has it's own set of letters in an optimized layout for their language, I don't really want to get a type cover with Austrian letters in it and without Turkish letters, and needless to mention, I don't want to start an adaptation process of some letters being in different places than I am accustomed to.

The thing where it get's tricky, is that Surface Pro 3 is not available in Turkey as far as I know, which means there wouldn't be any Turkish type cover for it either. So what are my options in this case?

And this one might be a dumb question to ask, but still, I need to be sure, does the Surface Pro 3 has a Turkish keyboard setting, so even if I plug in an English type cover for example, I still can press the button where the letter "ğ" is in a turkish keyboard and get the letter, right?

rynoa

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
Re: Turkish type cover for Surface Pro 3

Hey there!

I'm from Germany and live in an English speaking country now, so I can relate, it is annoying to get used to a different keyboard (German and English aren't even that different, but still).

Since the surface pro is not sold in Turkey right now, getting the original type cover will probably be a problem. But since the surface is running windows 8.1, it won't be a problem to change the keyboard layout. If you can remember the layout, great, otherwise you could use a permanent marker to annotate your keyboard (not very elegant, but it works).
Just google "add input language windows 8" and you will find a link to microsoft help, i can't post links in this forum yet.
Something a little more elegant would be to get a bluetooth keyboard with the Turkish layout and use it with the surface 3.

Maybe sometime in the future, they will make Turkish covers or some third party will have a marketing idea.

rynoa

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
Re: Turkish type cover for Surface Pro 3

Go on ebay and search for turkish keyboard stickers, that will probably be your best bet if you want to use the original type cover.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05