Two Surface Pros, One Problem

Major

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
I have a Surface Pro 2 at home, and a Surface Pro 3 at work. Since the SP3 has a larger screen, more tiles fit on it than on the SP2. That hadn't been a problem until recently, when for some reason, my two Pros have started attempting to synchronize the tile arrangement. Since one can fit more than the other, fixing one messes up the other. How can I address this?

smoheath

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I can remember how, but you can turn off start screen synchronization. It will probably be found in PC settings under sync. I'm not sure if that is what you're looking for but it works.

Rem97

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
You could enable the 'Show more tiles' option on the Pro 2. I believe it's found under Settings> Tiles in the charms menu. I'm not sure if this will fix the issue, but it's worth a try. However, the downside to this is that the tiles may be too small for you on the Pro 2. There may be a better solution, but I'm not aware of one.

Edit: What Smoheath said seems like a better solution. Go to PC Settings> OneDrive> Sync settings and toggle Start screen off.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AshletHarris