3rd party chargers?

kiddori

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
I don't really care to spend $70 on a second charger for my Surface 3. Any good 3rd party chargers available on the market that won't damage my Surface?

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I don't really care to spend $70 on a second charger for my Surface 3. Any good 3rd party chargers available on the market that won't damage my Surface?

There are absolutely no after market options for power supplies and if one pops up I would run the other way since I haven't heard of Microsoft licensing the technology to anyone. If you want a cheaper option and are in the US order it from Walmart for $58.99.

BaritoneGuy

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
I wish there was as I would trust one from a company like Targus or Kensington as I have used them before. It was especially poignant the other day as I had to replace one that I had lost somehow.

RaymondDijkstra

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I bought an OEM charger from AliExpress, store number 1414002. Costs me $44 including shipping. Bought this one because an original charger costs 79€, around $100, in The Netherlands.

bricenm

Sep 6, 2014
Visit site
Best Buy is also selling new SP3 chargers for $58.99.

Posted via the Windows Phone Central App for Android on BlackBerry Z30

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
I almost always go with 3rd-party options whenever comparable ones are available: Amazon Basics is a staple around here. There are 3rd-party chargers for the SP2 at amazon, but they are not as compact as the RT/SP2 ones. If I needed one today, I'd go with the original design, but not because it's OEM.

BTW, Best Buy matches advertised prices, including on-line prices -at least from standard stores. My brother bought a nice set of Sennheiser headphones and got an Amazon price, which was $15-20 less. The salesperson went to the website, confirmed the price, and we got it. This was at the local store, and I don't know if this policy or practice varies across stores.

Tsang Fai

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
I bought a third-party charger for my SP1 at less than $20.

Charging is no problem but there is a big issue - the touchscreen has no response during charging. After about one-year of usage, it was damaged. Luckily no people get hurt. I won't buy third-party charger again unless it is officially licensed by MS.

Pinger#WP

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I'd love a 3rd party charging dock, i don't need to spend $199.99 for a dock I would use strictly for charging but the convenience of just dropping it into a dock/cradle would be nice..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720